Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(01-Feb-2018, 01:09)Celts88 Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 12:56)wikeeboy Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 00:53)Celts88 Wrote: Jeremy

Thanks for the info, would be nice for Devialet to provide this info to all their customers, but ........

I'm away week of 12th to 18th Feb so would suit me to send over my Pro's during this period so as to reduce time without, but no info being provided by Devialet means I don't have any other option than to wait.

Cheers
John

If the merry go round comes to Melbourne first and you need a hand whilst away, drop me a PM. You could always send to my place and i could get both of ours done at the same time then send back to you.

Mate, that's real kind of you.

I was hoping Devialet would advise the dealer locations for the Australian upgrades and then I could send over my 1000Pro to the dealer (I already have the transportation boxes), and it could be there waiting for when the Devialet Upgrade Engineer arrived (hopefully near the front of the queue Smile ).

Don't think Devialet internally have a clue what's going on as last night received email to my query regarding Australian upgrades and was advised they had no info. They also said my 2 x 250Por's were not registered correctly on their website, even though it was them that updated my registration after upgrading my D-Premiers to Pro's. Also they said my serial no's on my account were incorrect in the registration, but I sent them a photo of the screens on top of my Pro's showing the serial no's are correct.

Devialet being Devialet, showing they're continuing level of 3 P's (Piss Poor Performance).

@wikeeboy / @David

Have you had any further update on when the Australian CI upgrades will commence. I've heard nothing and can't get anyone from Devialet support to reply to my requests for info (5 messages sent to Devialet Support over the last 6 weeks and zero replies).

Seems customer support for Australian customers is none existent (for myself at least Confused )

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
John,

When I hadn't heard anything at the end of January I sent an email to Olivier Colombe, the engineer coming to Australia to do the upgrades and who had replied to me earlier. He said at that stage that he was expecting ti start in Australia in the week commencing 19 February, this week, and that he would be contacting owners in Australia when his timetable was finalised and the Australian process was starting. He said he was going to Melbourne and Sydney and hoped to be coming to Brisbane. I've heard nothing since.

If he comes to Brisbane he would probably be working out of my dealer's premises and Interdyn had contacted my dealer about whether that would be possible which my dealer said was fine. I checked with my dealer late last week and he had heard nothing more, not even about the Australian tour supposedly starting this week, so I knew more than him but not by much. I was at the dealer's place on Tuesday and he'd heard nothing more at that stage, or didn't mention it if he had but given our conversations about the lack of info I'm sure he would have said something if he'd had further news.

"In the week commencing 19 February" could mean he starts in Australia as late as tomorrow and I expect he'll start in Melbourne where Interdyn is so perhaps owners in Melbourne and perhaps Sydney have heard something but if he isn't going to get to places like Brisbane and Perth then we're going to have to send our amps to Melbourne or Sydney and I would have expected that we'd be hearing something too.

I don't know if I'd say that customer support is non-existent but it definitely is deficient. It would be nice if they did spare us a thought and send some info on when they're likely to get around to us and whether we will have our amps upgraded locally or have to send them to Melbourne or Sydney but it may simply be that they're not going to send us anything until Olivier is on his way to, or actually in Australia because they don't have a reliable timetable until then and it may be that he's running late and not going to get to Australia this week. Even if that's the case, a message to that effect and a guesstimate of the timetable would be appreciated.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I've had exactly the same experience. Olivier said week commencing 19 Feb for AUS. I emailed on Monday to ask if the AUS schedule had been set but havee had no reply.
Back in November I contacted Devialet and asked if it was possible to send my Pro's back to France for the upgrades, but was advised that it would be quicker to have them upgraded in Australia. About to enter the 4th week of February, and at best the upgrades won't commence until the start of March, so doesn't seem quicker to me  Tongue

Appreciate these things can take time, and Australia was always going to be later in the queue for the upgrades, but it's the lack of info from Devialet that's getting me very frustrated (that's me putting it politely, my actual thoughts are a bit more colourful Dodgy ). Having sent 5 requests over a 6 week period to Devialet and not a single one being replied to doesn't give the impression that customer support is a high priority in regards to us here downunder.

I also sent an email to Olivier the start of this week, and also haven't had any reply. Appreciate he is busy with the upgrade programme, and if Devialet Support could supply some regular info then we wouldn't need to contact him, but at present we're in an information vacuum.

About the only blessing for the delay is that the software has slowly progressed. Beta software yes, not so much the official versions, as last one issued was Version 2.1.0 + Firmware 12.1.2 01/12/2017 (nearly 3 months ago).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Like you, I'm getting frustrated by the lack of info but, like you, there's another part of me which thinks that there may be advantages to the delay when it comes to the state of play of the firmware releases.

Since I'm streaming everything from my Antipodes DS over ethernet using Roon AIR, there's no new functionality with the CI board that looks like a big advantage to me at present so getting the firmware right probably means more to me than the board itself when it comes to the upgrade. Down the track as more functionality gets added that could change but at present the big advantage of getting the upgrade done at this stage is getting it done in Australia with a quicker turn around time so I'm without the amp for a shorter period.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
How rude. Not even an acknowledgement? That’s no way to treat your customers. I think they’re not answering you because they haven’t got a clue when the Australian upgrade programme will start. Very shoddy, they should be ashamed of themselves and I think that you are showing admirable restraint!
Hope you get a favourable outcome soon.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
For what it's worth, the Japan upgrades will be performed next week, starting Feb-26th.

I can't say I have been waiting impatiently, my D250 Pro with Roon over wired ethernet has been working extremely well. I don't expect any real improvement with the streamer short term.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Bernardl

Thanks for the info (more than Devialet can provide Rolleyes ). So if Japan next week then Aus won't be until Mid-March at best (previously mentioned the land of the long White Cloud would be before Aus, so more 'waiting waiting').

I run Roon via my Antipodes DS (all connected via Ethernet), and except for the odd occasion of some slight white noise (only for a split second) it's been running flawlessly for the last few months. Hopefully if Devialet ever get their act together they'll include RAAT and make the Pro's full blown Roon endpoints (that'll be one benefit of the CI Upgrade).

Only reason I'm wanting the CI upgrade is 1) why not, already paid for in Pro upgrade, 2) having Spotify Connect will be handy for my wife & kids (that's all they use, and never go via Roon), 3) Airplay again is another bonus for my wife and kids (why can't they just use Roon Confused ) 4) won't complain when (if) they eventually add support for Bluetooth, Quboz, Tidal, Deezer, etc. as previously indicated for the CI's 5) expecting all the future software upgrades to be tailored to CI Pro's, with unfortunately non-CI Experts being left behind (when was the last time they had a software upgrade???)

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
Hi John,

Indeed. Futureproofness is my main motivation.

Btw, I have installed Roon client on all our devices (including on the ipod touch I use as source for our bedroom Naim Mu-So) and my wife uses it. Wink

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Hi @Celts88 & @David A

Received this earlier today:

'finished doing the Core Infinity upgrade for Singapore and Malaysia. The NZ and Australian tour is currently in the works with our distributor and the tour should happen very soon, every upgrade being done by the start of April. It has been delayed a bit compared to my first idea but that is for the need of a more stable software.'

More delays. No surprise unfortunately.