Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aurender updates
Resolution of MQA is between 15 and 17 bits as admited by MQA’s creator Bob Stuart. But, if you are lucky you might get to listen to 96k sampled songs.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(07-Mar-2018, 21:20)maxijazz Wrote: Resolution of MQA is between 15 and 17 bits as admited by MQA’s creator Bob Stuart. But, if you are lucky you might get to listen to 96k sampled songs.

??? Please explain the last sentence.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
All MQA shortcomings are explained very well on CA:
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/re...ions-r701/
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Keep in mind that the MQA songs you get on Tidal could well be different masters so even if it's not 'high res' as such, it could still sound good, MQA, CD or high res, who cares.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Mar-2018, 09:52)Pim Wrote: Keep in mind that the MQA songs you get on Tidal could well be different masters so even if it's not 'high res' as such, it could still sound good, MQA, CD or high res, who cares.

Exactly. I have noticed that some MQA albums sound significantly louder than the same album in FLAC in Tidal, so they must have a different master.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(08-Mar-2018, 01:35)rwjr44 Wrote:
(07-Mar-2018, 21:20)maxijazz Wrote: Resolution of MQA is between 15 and 17 bits as admited by MQA’s creator Bob Stuart. But, if you are lucky you might get to listen to 96k sampled songs.

Many MQA songs/albums are 41.1k only.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(08-Mar-2018, 21:32)maxijazz Wrote:
(08-Mar-2018, 01:35)rwjr44 Wrote:

Many MQA songs/albums are 41.1k only.

So how does 96k sampled songs relate?
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Latest Aurender update as improved the overall sound of my N100H (Soundstage/Placement), the MQA license makes it possible to listen to the second MQA unfold, have to say there is a slight improvement in resolution and high frequency energy.

Also added the Aqvox network switch a while ago, after that I hear no more difference between streaming Tidal or streaming from the internal harddrive (!6/44.1 files)
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
(12-Mar-2018, 13:02)imprezap2 Wrote: Also added the Aqvox network switch a while ago, after that I hear no more difference between streaming Tidal or streaming from the internal harddrive (!6/44.1 files)

That's an interesting observation, I experienced something similar. Before the AQVOX + Etalon there was a much bigger gulf between Qobuz streaming and locally stored music. Or perhaps the sound quality of Qobuz replay has been raised sufficiently for me to no longer worry too much about things.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(12-Mar-2018, 13:29)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(12-Mar-2018, 13:02)imprezap2 Wrote: Also added the Aqvox network switch a while ago, after that I hear no more difference between streaming Tidal or streaming from the internal harddrive (!6/44.1 files)

That's an interesting observation, I experienced something similar. Before the AQVOX + Etalon there was a much bigger gulf between Qobuz streaming and locally stored music. Or perhaps the sound quality of Qobuz replay has been raised sufficiently for me to no longer worry too much about things.

Guillaume

Yes, I am the same, sound qualitiy from Tidal is for "my system" good enough to worry about it, and with the Aurender conductor App control of Tidal is painless.
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies