Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OdA Does Not Work
Jerry - if your using just the analog inputs it seems there might be an issue (at least I'm experiencing such).  If you try a digital input (assuming all other connections such as speakers are connected correctly) then you should probably get sound out of the companion to the right speaker.  

What cabling are you using between the Master to Companion.  I'm using a 110ohm digital to XLR and when running digital it works great (SQ is excellent).  As soon as I try any analog input, the Companions speaker goes silent (some bleed when sound level is jacked).  

I put in a ticket to Judith/Devialet and hope to hear back sooner than later.  I suspect this is a known issue.

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Have you tried different digital cables between master and companion?

Just asking since I happened to have one very expensive SPDIF -> AES digital cable and that cable didn't work at all with high sample rates like 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz. The speaker driver by companion device got silent when listening high res.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Hi Petrik

I just have one SPDIF -> AES cable at this time. Happy to try to get another one, though (should I be looking at SPDIF -> SPDIF). What did you find worked as a replacement?

In my configuration, I not utilizing any of the inputs on the companion other than the AES input. Its used strictly for right speaker amplification.

The Master supports the few inputs I need (ethernet, optical, and phono). Phono/cartridge is set for 96k vs 176k.

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the support and advises. However, the OdA still does not work even after the steps have been followed.

1. The Master's Line & Phono input works.
2. The Companion's Line & Phono input does not. No sound. However, the DIGITAL input works.
3. When switching over the Master's SD card, the Companion inout works. Have sound.
4. In the end, followed the step - of upgrading Firmware using the SD card - copying the 14 files.
5. Upon insert, the amps started updating the DOS. However, its been close to 30 minutes and still the same status. kinda like "hang".

I really do not know what to do except sending the files/configuration to Devialet's Himmy for help. Right now, the amps are just not working.

All cables have been changed using new ones from Expert 100 (from dealer). Same situation.

Thanks everyone. I just wait and see if the update DOS will complete over night. If not, I guess I have a pair of non working amps. Sigh!
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
(12-Mar-2018, 12:51)Jim_Anderson Wrote: What did you find worked as a replacement?

I'm using a standard Audioquest SPDIF cable that came with the Devialet 1000 Pro. It works fine.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(12-Mar-2018, 02:26)Jim_Anderson Wrote: Jerry - if your using just the analog inputs it seems there might be an issue (at least I'm experiencing such).  If you try a digital input (assuming all other connections such as speakers are connected correctly) then you should probably get sound out of the companion to the right speaker.  

What cabling are you using between the Master to Companion.  I'm using a 110ohm digital to XLR and when running digital it works great (SQ is excellent).  As soon as I try any analog input, the Companions speaker goes silent (some bleed when sound level is jacked).  

I put in a ticket to Judith/Devialet and hope to hear back sooner than later.  I suspect this is a known issue.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Indeed I am experiencing the same issue - that is the Companion's Digital input works, while the Line & Phono does not. No sound.
Sure hope its a "KNOWN ISSUE", so that Devialet can come out with a solve.
Once again, thanks.
Jerry Seh
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
Status of amps: Updating DOS .... for hours.
Don't know if I should just pull the plug as both amps - when updating the firmware is now "hang". Sigh!

Have you already asked help from Devialet support?
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(12-Mar-2018, 17:21)petrik Wrote: Have you already asked help from Devialet support?

Yes, written to Himmy ... and hope to receive some advise as to how to proceed. Meanwhile, I've unplugged the power from the amps.

Just a thought, if you have your phono input set to convert at 192kHz it might be that there's a problem there. If you play digital at 44.1kHz it might get through whilst 192kHz might be too high. Try converting to 96kHz.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.