Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kef LS50 vs Atohm GT1 SE
Which one is better in a small room ?
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
It depends on your taste in music. The GT1 has much better capacity in the bass range, especially with SAM. I have listened to both in my room and although the LS50 sounded really lovely I ended up preferring GT1. If you like your 936 in a large room I believe the GT1 will work well for you in a small room. The LS50 is sweeter in the treble so if you are "treble-sensitive" you may find the LS50 better suited. I used the same amp as you list in your sig., a 250 when I listened to the two.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(04-May-2017, 17:47)ogs Wrote: It depends on your taste in music. The GT1 has much better capacity in the bass range, especially with SAM. I have listened to both in my room and although the LS50 sounded really lovely I ended up preferring GT1. If you like your 936 in a large room I believe the GT1 will work well for you in a small room. The LS50 is sweeter in the treble so if you are "treble-sensitive" you may find the LS50 better suited. I used the same amp as you list in your sig., a 250 when I listened to the two.

LS50 Wireless is better than passive LS50 with any amp combo
(04-May-2017, 17:57)intouch1 Wrote:
(04-May-2017, 17:47)ogs Wrote: It depends on your taste in music. The GT1 has much better capacity in the bass range, especially with SAM. I have listened to both in my room and although the LS50 sounded really lovely I ended up preferring GT1. If you like your 936 in a large room I believe the GT1 will work well for you in a small room. The LS50 is sweeter in the treble so if you are "treble-sensitive" you may find the LS50 better suited. I used the same amp as you list in your sig., a 250 when I listened to the two.

LS50 Wireless is better than passive LS50 with any amp combo

That is true I guess, but the OP did not ask for opinions on the LS50W. The GT1 still has better (deeper) bass though.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
LS50W won’t be as good as Devialet + GT1 + Good cable
Hello, I attended the demo of ATOHM at the HighEnd Show. I have listened to different models, the GT1-HD I really liked. For the size she filled the room very well, the SQ was also very good. Think about getting the GT1 for my office! :rolleyes
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/atohm-gt1-loudspeaker/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(15-May-2018, 15:40)K4680 Wrote: Hello, I attended the demo of ATOHM at the HighEnd Show. I have listened to different models, the GT1-HD I really liked. For the size she filled the room very well, the SQ was also very good. Think about getting the GT1 for my office! :rolleyes
http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/atohm-gt1-loudspeaker/

Atohm are very good speaker, the GT1 HD is the best of them. I have it for my office too.
You can get the LS50 in black or white, only without grilles.

You can get the GT1 SE in black or white or rosewood or wengnut (walnut), or in any other finish to order, with or without grilles.

The GT1 SE, admittedly French, was Devialet's first choice (and only choice so far) of a speaker package with the entry level Devialet.

I suspect both are great speakers (I have owned LS50s) but you should listen to both in your own room.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I don't want to go off topic, but does anyone know the difference btw the GT1 SE and the GT! HD? I see some sort of base with a space below the HD. I'm tempted to sell my Amphion / Nuprime office systems and get a D120 and make an Ensemble for the office.

Thanks
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(18-May-2018, 01:49)Damon Wrote: I don't want to go off topic, but does anyone know the difference btw the GT1 SE and the GT! HD? I see some sort of base with a space below the HD. I'm tempted to sell my Amphion / Nuprime office systems and get a D120 and make an Ensemble for the office.

Thanks

Hello, Atohm speaker GT 1 Special Edition this one was developed together with Devialet, for the Le 120. Was also offered as a set!
http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/news/article...6290/20460
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria