Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dirac and room correction software
(03-Feb-2017, 00:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Dont know the answer to that one. I'd imagine its not ideal as REW is trying to keep tabs n the clock for what its sending out and what its getting back. AIR will have buffers/delays and I guess there;s a chance it reports this back to the system, but not sure.

Someone will probably chime in now and say it works fine. Im just guessing, but Id plump for a cable. I bought a long USB extender for my umik-1 on amazon, pretty cheap. Does the job. But the SQ from the mic is appalling!!!

*JOKE*

Its absolutely fine. Smile
You can use air and REW, just keep the buffer small to minimise the delay, it's ok with a really small buffer.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I use DIRAC , but in a miniDSP box , the ddrc 22d. AIR has never worked for me , not sure if the DIRAC DAP works with air
you can attach the umik 1 mic to the usb of the puter you running dirac on .

However , You can use REW to measure and use the suggested bass eq in the roon DSP engine (which is awesome)

Dirac does not work the same as a simple parametric , but often just a simple parametric and bass correction is all you need
The DSP engine in roon is very good , the most significant thing about it compared to DIRAC is you can hear the changes you make instantly , whereas with dirac you need to mess with target curves , optimise , load the new filters etc.
IMHO the best is to use DIRAC and then the roon dsp engine to tweak. the target curve is a subjective thing anyway

Be aware there is 3-10 DB attenuation with dirac to avoid digital clipping..roon has got headroom management but if you only taking down peaks and not boosting anything , you dont need it
I have set my DIRAC to have 6db attenuation..so you have to play a lot louder on the devialet to get the same volume
Might be an issue with insensitive speakers.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room