Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400 Config - Using a subwoofer and headphone amplifier at the same time
Bug 
First post on the best place to discuss all things Devialet!  Big Grin

I recently got a 400 setup and love everything about it. It sounded fantastic out of the box and even better after changing the digital interconnect to a RCA/XLR from Audioprana.

I seem to have run into a firmware bug and wanted to see anyone else in the community has figured out to make this configuration work?

Master > Variable Mono Pre Out > Subwoofer
Companion > Fixed Stereo Pre Out > Headphone Amplifier

I've tried and failed. My setup the Companion > Stereo Pre Out is always variable no matter what the config says. Huh  Also, double checked that configs says "varaible".
• Devialet 400 + Magico Q1
I am not sure but i guess this may be due to the RCA-XLR link setup which generally impacts the companion input/output. You may want to try to revert back to RCA-RCA link and see if the same problem still persists

of course i wouldn't suggest going back permanently to RCA-RCA link as the benefits of the RCA-XLR link are significant. but it is worth the try
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Looks like this config of having separate stereo and mono preouts can only exist in the RCA-XLR case. With RCA-RCA there can only be two mono or one single stereo preout.

I've tested the companion separately and stereo preout behaves as expected. All this points to a firmware bug. Wish I could help Devialet write their test plans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
• Devialet 400 + Magico Q1