Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preamp output impedance
As some of you, I want to connect my dynamic headphones to the preamp out connectors. (I have sorted out my electrostatics already, but I would not want to use the energizer between the amp and the speakers). I have ordered the adaptor, but would like to know what is the output impedance of the RCA outputs - it does not appear anywhere in the literature.

Does any of you have that information? If it is too high, some headphones will not work properly.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

(20-Jun-2014, 23:37)Divasson Wrote: As some of you, I want to connect my dynamic headphones to the preamp out connectors. (I have sorted out my electrostatics already, but I would not want to use the energizer between the amp and the speakers). I have ordered the adaptor, but would like to know what is the output impedance of the RCA outputs - it does not appear anywhere in the literature.

Does any of you have that information? If it is too high, some headphones will not work properly.

I recently asked Devialet Support:

"Dear Devialet,

Can you tell me the output impedance of the pre-out of the Expert 400?

The reason I ask:

I'm driving headphones out of the pre-out jacks of my Expert 400. I want to make sure there is a good impedance match between my headphones and the pre-out."

Here is the reply:

"Thank you for your message.
The output impedance is less than 1 Ohm on expert and expert pro.
If you need to know for the trigger too: trigger out is indeed 12V, with current capability of approx 50mA

I wish you a good day,
Océane | Customer service & support Devialet"