Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exiled's System
Hi!
New and very happy Devialet owner here!

Home-brew Windows 7 PC - Devialet 250 - Focal Diablo Utopia III

D250 took over the place of the excellent NAD M2 direct-digital integrated amp.
The biggest improvements D250 has over M2 I'd say are:
1. Blacker background - making the entire presentation sound 'cleaner'.
2. Note decay.
3. Overall the realism is more amazing. I listen in awe to Diana Krall's Live in Paris album like I'd never heard it before.

Pics coming soon!
Near-future upgrade:
1. Use Ethernet cable from PC to D250.
2. Upgrade speaker cables.
Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find it very useful.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your D250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your new system and explore togethervto make our Devialet works better.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks all. I've taken a plunge and acquired another D250 and make these both the 800!
WOW!
I'm listening and "watching" to Harry Connick, Jr and co. perform Danny Boy now.
In my short period of listening, what I've noticed most is how the sound is more "robust", closer to live, with natural, unforced details, more details than before.
Even at low volume levels like now, it still sounds amazing, like watching a live performance from farther distance.
Now he's singing Cry Me A River.
And these are 16/44.1 FLACs...
I'm shaking my head in amazement.
I'm putting up my now-unused rig for sale...
Congratulations - I bet the system sounds terrific.  If you like 'Cry Me A River' and that style of music then I would recommend that you try Julie London - her voice sounds amazing even though the recordings are 60 years old. Try 'Julie is her name' or 'Julie is her name Vol 2'
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(06-May-2015, 04:16)exiled Wrote: Thanks all. I've taken a plunge and acquired another D250 and make these both the 800!
WOW!
I'm listening and "watching" to Harry Connick, Jr and co. perform Danny Boy now.
In my short period of listening, what I've noticed most is how the sound is more "robust", closer to live, with natural, unforced details, more details than before.
Even at low volume levels like now, it still sounds amazing, like watching a live performance from farther distance.
Now he's singing Cry Me A River.
And these are  16/44.1 FLACs...
I'm shaking my head in amazement.
I'm putting up my now-unused rig for sale...

Congrats, less than one month and you go mono! The step is bigger than one could think in SQ, go back to one 250 and you'll hear what I mean!

If not yet connecting master to companion AES/EBU input, try that and be surprised by the added coherence between mono units.

Cheers/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
PhilP: thanks for your recc, I'll seek her out.
Mike: yeah I've read about that. I have El cheapo 75-Ohm RCA-RCA from monoprice. I'll order a BNC plug and try. Thanks.
What's amazing is the sensation that what's happening before me is physical events taking place in 3-d space (guitar strings plucked, piano hammers hitting the strings, etc.) that's already there with D250 becomes more palpable thru D800, more presence.
Here they are...
[Image: e1e0c5e6e0978d67782a37205f3783d8.jpg]