Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR and USB ??
Even the title of this thread has me confused.

I love the AIR on the 200 but I have had major issues with white noise since I got the 200 four weeks ago.
I can get about an hour usually before the White noise kicks in, very rarely longer and sometimes only about 10 or 15 minutes.

I use the Ethernet option to play AIR and have all my music on my NAS drive.

Today I decided to use a cheap printer USB to connect my lap top to the 200. So far nearly 5 hours with no dropouts or white noise, by far the longest I have gone.

Nothing else has changed, the source is still connected as Ethernet and I am using JRemote on the I pad to control the playback.

The only difference I can detect is that the delay between changing tracks or albums has increased to about 15 seconds, from about 3.

Is this just a coincidence? It's a very bizarre one if it is. I have even played some high res files today and this usually accelerates the White noise issue. Not today ...... Full hour and no issues.

Can anyone shed any light on this ? Any help always appreciated
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
If you were connecting your laptop to D200 with an USB cable, you are 'piping' music data via USB cable to the Devialet. No AIR functionality involves here. Hence, no white noise.

As for the delay, it could be your JRiver setting. Make sure you have selected WASAPI: Deviatet USB as your audio output for better sound, in my opinion.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Ah, pardon me. Noticed on your posts on other thread. You're lucky, I guess. So far, you have not been using the USB at all. It's mere coincidence.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Apparently it could be just because my laptop is nearer the router .......we will see.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England