Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build an optimized computer audio transport
An interesting and informative read...

Scott Berry of CAD (Computer Audio Design) describes how to build a digital transport out of a computer and shares his tips getting started in computer audio.

http://the-ear.net/how-to/build-computer...-transport

Also his CAD DAC and CAT transport is getting lots of positive rave  which could be of interest to some of us here albeit pricey!

http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/HiFi+...Review.pdf
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
An interesting read.....unfortunately I don't have the level of expertise/knowledge to build my own computer transport.

However I was excited to read the CAD CAT review last year and did go and listen to it. The system was completely unfamiliar to me so I can't comment on how it would be with a Devialet though it sounded good enough to warrant further investigation and looked well put together. If you look at the info on CAD's website it seems every little detail has been optimised. It got mentioned again in HiFi+ when the Vivid Giya 3 was reviewed and it states that it proves 'that source is still king'. And he once again remarks on the incredibly low noise floor.

Fingers crossed Devialet produce something at Munich next month! Perhaps this is wishful thinking for as per their email their 'extraordinary surprise' seems to relate to SAM only.
Let's wait and see. Firmware 8.0 with stability improvement, SAM 2 and integration of dialog and spark would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE