Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long does your D400 take to warm up?
How long does your D400 take to warm up after you turn it on,
i.e., how long do you have to play music on it if it was not used for hours or a couple of days,
in order for it to reach peak performance, assuming that it already has several hundred hours of use?

I find that mine takes probably 1 hour, and may be even 2 hours.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
I don't know whether it's the Mac mini or the 200 but after 24 hours it sounds considerably better than on the first night. Because i'm not home much it can be off for weeks before I use it again so it might not be so for everyone.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Generally it seems to be better after about 1hr warm up, but then again the improvement might be on account of the large G&T I normally relax with whilst I am listening Smile
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
15-20 min if shorter shut down and 1 hour or more if down for a week or so/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK