Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta-version-of-Devialet-AIR
(04-May-2015, 07:29)runlonger Wrote: As for the white noise: while streaming 16/44 sound, I only have the problem rarely. the earliest incident was after about 3 hours. But I also had it with the new 214 beta4. For me there wasn't a real difference between those versions. Also the new firmware 7.1.3 did nothing.

Just out of interest did you use 2.1.4-beta4 with firmware 7.1.3? It's not totally impossible that there's some attempted fixes in both.
I also had the white noise problem very rarely, mostly when switching my monitor on. It seems as if the hardware recognition is doing somy nasty low level thing in the OS.
But the beta release is starting to produce some crackling or ticking noise after a short time. Only restarting AIR does fix this problem. SO I have returned to 2.1.3 for now.
(04-May-2015, 10:35)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(04-May-2015, 07:29)runlonger Wrote: As for the white noise: while streaming 16/44 sound, I only have the problem rarely. the earliest incident was after about 3 hours. But I also had it with the new 214 beta4. For me there wasn't a real difference between those versions. Also the new firmware 7.1.3 did nothing.

Just out of interest did you use 2.1.4-beta4 with firmware 7.1.3? It's not totally impossible that there's some attempted fixes in both.

Yes, new beta firmware. The white noise is still here. It might even be more frequent than before...
I had some problems initially with AIR beta4, but I noticed that my AIR buffer was set to 100ms. I reverted back to the default of 500ms which is working fine so far. White noise was not really an issue before, also in most cases it happens when switching on my monitor.
(13-May-2015, 10:45)Vivialet Wrote: I had some problems initially with AIR beta4, but I noticed that my AIR buffer was set to 100ms. I reverted back to the default of 500ms which is working fine so far. White noise was not really an issue before, also in most cases it happens when switching on my monitor.

That's funny, it always defaults to 100ms for me (on Windows).
I did a lot of listening at the weekend with AIR 2.1.4beta4. Many times I got jitter and similar annoyances, which required a restart of AIR to clear. I will revert back to AIR2.1.4beta1, which I had used for a while with good results, and for sure was more stable than AIR 2.1.4beta4, in my set up at least.