Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guillaume's hi-fi system
(08-Jul-2014, 17:10)Kunter Wrote: On the Linn issue:

3 years ago, I moved to D-Premier from Linn Klimax DSM and McIntosh MC2000. Second hand prices of these two were more than the Devialet brand new. And the sound quality was a huge upgrade.

And I was frustrated by the DLNA server issue. NAS and cable quality was very important and it let me itching all the time to try new cables/software.

Devialet on the other hand is very good to boot by simple Mac / Devialet AIR combination, and can further be improved by more specific PC/direct ethernet solutions.

So for me, Linn vs Devialet question is very easy to answer.

Happy listening.

Guillaume, great system by the way...

Kunter

Thanks Kunter! Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Ex-Linn here too, previously Klimax DS/KK and Lejonklou amps (which I still rather miss). You probably caught the worst of the UPnP issues Kunter. Things seemed to get a lot more stable in the last 3 years or so and they've got a pretty good product. It's helped a lot by having decent UPnP servers available such as Asset and Minimserver (which I use). Previously it was pretty-much Twonky only which I loath. I auditioned 170 & 240 when they came out last year alongside my Klimax gear and looked at the price difference and never looked back! I've also suffered problems with electrical supply issues and moving to a simpler solution made it a lot easier to fix these. I've also got money left over for cables, which of course don't make a difference (!), but it makes me feel better!

I've been fortunate enough to hear Guillaume's system and it is frickin' amazing.
(08-Jul-2014, 18:25)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Ex-Linn here too, previously Klimax DS/KK and Lejonklou amps (which I still rather miss). You probably caught the worst of the UPnP issues Kunter. Things seemed to get a lot more stable in the last 3 years or so and they've got a pretty good product. It's helped a lot by having decent UPnP servers available such as Asset and Minimserver (which I use). Previously it was pretty-much Twonky only which I loath. I auditioned 170 & 240 when they came out last year alongside my Klimax gear and looked at the price difference and never looked back! I've also suffered problems with electrical supply issues and moving to a simpler solution made it a lot easier to fix these. I've also got money left over for cables, which of course don't make a difference (!), but it makes me feel better!

Stop that cable talk RufusSmile

I've been fortunate enough to hear Guillaume's system and it is frickin' amazing.
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
Some pictures of my new arrivals...

Guillaume

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Congratulation Guillaume !!!

As you know, the Devialet + Sacha are my dream team ! Let us know your first impressions !

And don't forget to change your signature...!!! ;-)

And the color... Great !!!
Lovely color!

Good luck with the burn in process...

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(25-Jul-2014, 16:31)Kunter Wrote: Lovely color!

Good luck with the burn in process...

Kunter

Thanks! Yes that is the more tedious bit... Undecided

Guillaume

UK
(25-Jul-2014, 12:17)darthsteph Wrote: Congratulation Guillaume !!!

As you know, the Devialet + Sacha are my dream team ! Let us know your first impressions !

And don't forget to change your signature...!!! ;-)

And the color... Great !!!

Thanks!

First impressions are very positive. It's a much bigger sound/soundstage than the Sophia which is to be expected really. The midrange and treble are a major upgrade on what I had before, much more refined. Vocals are outstanding and have real depth to them. Everything is much more three dimensional now. The bass has so much more texture to it. The Sophias were really good in this regard but the Sashas take it to a new level.

They are definitely going to need a fair bit of running in though but they seem to be getting better all the time so that's a relief!

Interestingly: toggling SAM on and off I don't notice such a big improvement. I'll explore this in greater detail when the speakers have a few more hundred hours on them as I'm trying to run them in gently!

Guillaume

UK
Really Guillaume, you make me dream !!! ;-)
What a wonderfull speaker, exactly what I like (love !!!).

I'm really interested in your future sound exploration…

About SAM, I can understand that… as Sashas are well optimized, so…
Very impressive system Guillaume. I'm in awe.