Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guillaume's hi-fi system
(29-Mar-2016, 18:35)GuillaumeB Wrote: Some pictures...

Here's the Paul Pang switch:

Guillaume

Amazing setup Guillaume! you triggered me to look into the Paul Pang Switch. What did you use before and may i bother you to describe the differences?
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

(30-Mar-2016, 17:30)Mollengijs Wrote: Amazing setup Guillaume! you triggered me to look into the Paul Pang Switch. What did you use before and may i bother you to describe the differences?

I used a fairly basic Cisco switch, nothing special. 

I got a small improvement from the Paul Pang using its own power supply, perhaps more noticeable when streaming from Qobuz. It definitely got a bit better when using it with the iFi iPower.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(30-Mar-2016, 17:57)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(30-Mar-2016, 17:30)Mollengijs Wrote: Amazing setup Guillaume! you triggered me to look into the Paul Pang Switch. What did you use before and may i bother you to describe the differences?

I used a fairly basic Cisco switch, nothing special. 

I got a small improvement from the Paul Pang using its own power supply, perhaps more noticeable when streaming from Qobuz. It definitely got a bit better when using it with the iFi iPower.

Guillaume

Thanks Guillaume!
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

Yesterday my Ultra 5s arrived! My next major project... more to follow later!  Wink 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
And whilst I was at it I'd thought I'd try out the new Ultra 6s... here is a pic of them side by side with the Ansuz Diamond pucks... these have now temporarily replaced the Ansuz pucks under my totaldac d1 server. Unfortunately I could only get 3 to try as I would have liked to have tried them out under the Devialets... still, impressions to follow!  Smile

Guillaume

UK
(16-Apr-2016, 10:48)GuillaumeB Wrote: And whilst I was at it I'd thought I'd try out the new Ultra 6s... here is a pic of them side by side with the Ansuz Diamond pucks... these have now temporarily replaced the Ansuz pucks under my totaldac d1 server. Unfortunately I could only get 3 to try as I would have liked to have tried them out under the Devialets... still, impressions to follow!  Smile

Guillaume

Blimey Guillaume!

What a cracking system! I bet it sounds magical. Smile
Just one thing though: do you have any problems with the right hand speaker so close to your equipment rack?  I know that the Wilson cabinets are very inert but you must get some sounds from the drivers hitting your gear, and no amount of isolation will stop that.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Your new ultras will be placed under the speakers, right?

Which still points you are using under your Devs?

I have mine sitting on ultra SS, my rack being a TAOC CS. I used the ultra 5 for a couple of weeks but the ultra SS sut better on my Dev...
(16-Apr-2016, 11:36)Axel Wrote:
(16-Apr-2016, 10:48)GuillaumeB Wrote: And whilst I was at it I'd thought I'd try out the new Ultra 6s... here is a pic of them side by side with the Ansuz Diamond pucks... these have now temporarily replaced the Ansuz pucks under my totaldac d1 server. Unfortunately I could only get 3 to try as I would have liked to have tried them out under the Devialets... still, impressions to follow!  Smile

Guillaume

Blimey Guillaume!

Just one thing though: do you have any problems with the right hand speaker so close to your equipment rack?  I know that the Wilson cabinets are very inert but you must get some sounds from the drivers hitting your gear, and no amount of isolation will stop that.
Carefully place hifi racks are excellent at breaking up damaging bass nodes!  In fact there is a serious point here, nice rectangular minimalist rooms are not good for hifi, massive amounts of clutter can be highly beneficial.  (Plus providing an excellent excuse for untidy audiophiles not to clear up anything)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(16-Apr-2016, 11:36)Axel Wrote:

Guillaume

Blimey Guillaume!

Thanks!  Smile I don't really experience any problems as such, I did do some measuring with Dirac a while back then again with the Trinnov. If I recall correctly this showed a suck out/nul on the right hand side, overall the measurements weren't too bad though. The shelves in my rack are very thick non-oscillating glass, not sure if that helps. What I do find is that de-coupling of my Devialet's seems to produce a very strong effect in my set up. 

But you are right in an idea world I would have my equipment between the speakers (or at least quite bit further away from the speakers). My constraints are the cinema screen since this doubles up as a movie room... for a while I did consider moving the spectral stand further down the room on the right hand side but this never happened for a number of reasons...

Guillaume

UK
(16-Apr-2016, 11:51)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Your new ultras will be placed under the speakers, right?

Which still points you are using under your Devs?

I have mine sitting on ultra SS, my rack being a TAOC CS. I used the ultra 5 for a couple of weeks but the ultra SS sut better on my Dev...

Yes Ultra 5 under the speakers.

Under my Devialets I currently have Ansuz d-tc pucks which seem to work very well. I didn't have enough Ultra 6 to try the Devs but I will at some point...

Guillaume

UK