Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guillaume's hi-fi system
(08-Jun-2016, 17:24)Jnan_devi Wrote: This is simple and wonderful upgrade (not in terms of costing etc) but with "1TB SSD" on board for Roon, is very cool in terms of speed, SQ etc. This resolves many issues during audio files transportation over WIFI/ETH. No more gathering of audio files from NAS though switch to Roon to ETH Dev/ USB/ etc. Now the audio files are truly local and Roon loves this.

NAS will now become only for back up. This is exactly what I was looking for when I buy NUC with 1TB SSD. NAS is now Back up only and not for actively sending bit-stream to all devices.

I guess, it all depends on how much disk space one needs. If it goes beyond 1TB then bigger SSD can be bought in future with 3D-NAND coming up or some audio files can still be on NAS, or a SSD HDD can be USB connected to the device itself.

You have a 64GB SSD disk that runs Roon and other services on the sonicTransport, the 1TB or 2TB SSD disk is an option if you want to store music on it.

Quote:Storage:
  • 64GB SSD for server database (Roon Server, Squeezebox, DLNA) no local music storage.
  • Optional internal storage for music libary
  • Compatible with any USB attached hard drive
  • Compatible with almost any NAS (Synology, QNAP, Western Digital, Buffalo)

http://microjukebox.com/products/sonictransporter
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Latest update: just ordered another MCRU linear power supply to go with my Paul Pang switch (which is actually this model: http://www.zyxel.com/me/en/products_serv....shtml?t=p)

Here is the LPS:

http://www.mains-cables-r-us.co.uk/power...upply.html

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Right, where do I start?!  

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi Guillaume,

I just got my new 220 proo/ci and connected to vandersteen 5a. I find the sound quite brite and tirring.

Vanndersteens have never been noticed to be brightSad. Do you have the same? Bright tirring sound?

Br
Alex
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(04-Mar-2018, 07:45)Alve Wrote: Hi Guillaume,

I just got my new 220 proo/ci and connected to vandersteen 5a. I find the sound quite brite and tirring.

Vanndersteens have never been noticed to be brightSad. Do you have the same? Bright tirring sound?

Br
Alex

Hi Alex,

Actually I have a 220 PRO/CI here. I don't find it at all bright or tiring. What were you using before?

Guillaume

UK

Br
Alex

This has be reported before. It really takes about 100 hours for things to settle in and the difference if big. Mine sounded worst in the beginning than the 120 I had upgraded from. Give it some time. Leave it playing 24/7 for a few days.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(04-Mar-2018, 14:26)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Br
Alex

Hi Alex,

Actually I have a 220 PRO/CI here. I don't find it at all bright or tiring. What were you using before?

Guillaume

Guillaume,

I used Lumin A1 and t+a pa3000hv

Ok I will give it a burn in time and see... so far the resolutions is awesome, the 3d is great, but too bright for me so far. Wrote to devialet for the SAM, cannot vote for SAM any longer? when click on the vote link, get to their start page and that is it.

On another note, now that CI is in there, do you guys expect that Dev will also become a renderer in the near future? I have someone ready to buy my lumin, but it is now feeding Dev through digital.

Anyone knows what will be the deveopment?

Br
Alex
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(05-Mar-2018, 06:33)Alve Wrote:
(04-Mar-2018, 14:26)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Br
Alex

Hi Alex,

Guillaume

Guillaume,

I used Lumin A1 and t+a pa3000hv

Ok I will give it a burn in time and see... so far the resolutions is awesome, the 3d is great, but too bright for me so far. Wrote to devialet for the SAM, cannot vote for SAM any longer? when click on the vote link, get to their start page and that is it.

On another note, now that CI is in there, do you guys expect that Dev will also become a renderer in the near future? I have someone ready to buy my lumin, but it is now feeding Dev through digital.

Anyone knows what will be the deveopment?

Br
Alex

Alex, I am a little puzzled by your post here.  The thing is, the Devialet with CI board is a 'renderer'.  The definition of 'renderer' being a device that can accept a music file pushed to it via ethernet and 'render' this into a music file for playback.  Of course, a renderer still needs a device to push the file, such as a PC, NAS, or dedicated device.  

Completely off topic in Guillaume's thread of course, but there are a number of threads for the CI board where you could pick this up further if you wish.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi guys,

I sold my Absolare Integrated amp!  Confused

I was pretty nervous about selling this, I needn't have been as I am now having an absolute ball with a 220 Pro! 

Currently using a 220 Pro connected to a pair of SOtM switches (sNH-10G w/ sCLK-EX clock module and 10 MHz master clock input connector) bridged via fibre patch lead and with both switches connected to a Cybershaft OP14 master clock using 50ohm clock cables and BNC T adapters fitted with 50ohm termination plugs connected to each switch clock input. I am using a Sigma Ethernet cable to connect the Devialet to the "outbound" switch. I actually helped to develop this cable so pretty proud of it. Overall you could say a SOTA streaming setup.  Wink

Let's just say that the results are pretty spectacular, in fact I cannot remember a Devialet ever sounding this great. I am serious!

I have a lot of options to play with power-wise as you would imagine, at the moment I am running a power cable direct to the wall into a dedicated 20A circuit. I started off with the new Venom NR and was really happy with this. Then I replaced with a Delta NR and now I am using an Alpha EF. This was quite good fun; the Devialet is so transparent that the differences are pretty easy to hear and appreciate. A good exercise for me since I need to sell these cables to dealers.

Next steps will be to introduce some mains conditioning to the mix, but I am in no hurry as I am enjoying each step.

The TotalDAC trapezoids are still on the shelves peering at me, or perhaps I should say glare. I imagine I will try and see what happens if I feed the analogue output of the d1 seven to the 220 PRO. Will also compare the d1 server to the Core Infinity board.

Once again the switching/ethernet tweaks have been a revelation.  Cool Pretty much a game changer for me. 

Guillaume

UK
(20-Aug-2019, 13:43)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys,

I sold my Absolare Integrated amp!  Confused

I was pretty nervous about selling this, I needn't have been as I am now having an absolute ball with a 220 Pro! 

Currently using a 220 Pro connected to a pair of SOtM switches (sNH-10G w/ sCLK-EX clock module and 10 MHz master clock input connector) bridged via fibre patch lead and with both switches connected to a Cybershaft OP14 master clock using 50ohm clock cables and BNC T adapters fitted with 50ohm termination plugs connected to each switch clock input. I am using a Sigma Ethernet cable to connect the Devialet to the "outbound" switch. I actually helped to develop this cable so pretty proud of it. Overall you could say a SOTA streaming setup.  Wink

Let's just say that the results are pretty spectacular, in fact I cannot remember a Devialet ever sounding this great. I am serious!

I have a lot of options to play with power-wise as you would imagine, at the moment I am running a power cable direct to the wall into a dedicated 20A circuit. I started off with the new Venom NR and was really happy with this. Then I replaced with a Delta NR and now I am using an Alpha EF. This was quite good fun; the Devialet is so transparent that the differences are pretty easy to hear and appreciate. A good exercise for me since I need to sell these cables to dealers.

Next steps will be to introduce some mains conditioning to the mix, but I am in no hurry as I am enjoying each step.

The TotalDAC trapezoids are still on the shelves peering at me, or perhaps I should say glaring. I imagine I will try and see what happens if I feed the analogue output of the d1 seven to the 220 PRO. Will also compare the d1 server to the Core Infinity board.

Once again the switching/ethernet tweaks have been a revelation.  Cool Pretty much a game changer for me. 

Guillaume

Thanks for sharing! Would like to hear the comparison between d1 sever and the CI board, thanks!