Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
configurator problem or user error?
so at this point i feel pretty stupid in all regards with my new devialet amp.

ive got air problems (another thread so no discussion of that here) but ive got another problem.

ive connected the dout1 on both units and in the configurator ive made my master and slave cards to operate that way.

i put the brown noise input on and i only get audio out of the master amp and not the slave! ive tried 2 different digital coax cables and neither worked.

does the slave configuration file have to be called something different than the master slave file? it says to name them the same but it doesnt really seem to be pulling the correct configuration from the file i put in.

my configuration file "name" is the stock custom when you enter the configurator but when i plug in the slave card it says "s1 config"

not sure if that is standard meaning slave 1 or whether its the name of the config file.

edit -

when i put both cards in, each amp will recognise whether its the slave or the master, it just seems like the link between them isnt functioning.

ive used both amps as masters at one point or another so i know that both speakers are connected correctly.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Brown noise sound coming out of the master unit only is another known dual mono configuration bug.

Config files of slave and master have the same name. When I save them on my computer I create a parent folder named "D400" then within that I create two sub folders named "Master" and "Slave" and within each sub for I save the respective config file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
so apparently ive never had any problems with the amp link i had just never tested it with a real source! wowzors.

see i can certainly slap myself.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(24-Apr-2015, 10:00)completeluxury Wrote: so apparently ive never had any problems with the amp link i had just never tested it with a real source! wowzors.

No need I guess it just shows the faith one would have in the Devialet brand and it is "quality" where one would never think of it as the culprit and normally would suspect the link

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(24-Apr-2015, 10:32)amabrok Wrote:
(24-Apr-2015, 10:00)completeluxury Wrote: so apparently ive never had any problems with the amp link i had just never tested it with a real source! wowzors.

No need I guess it just shows the faith one would have in the Devialet brand and it is "quality" where one would never think of it as the culprit and normally would suspect the link

this is typical for most tradesmen though.

if we have installed something new we never think it could be the problem if something goes wrong... takes quite a while before we will question it!