Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
power conditioners
This is a quote from another thread in relation to an issue i had.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Damon

I thought there was some discussion about power conditioners in general not being a good match, or a good idea, with Devialet amps. I don't know what thread that was in, or if it is true at all. Just a thought that occurred to me, reading your set up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had a quick search and i couldnt find anything in relation to this.

can anyone else remember if this is right and possibly point me in the right direction to the thread if you remember it.

Damon - not trying to out you here in the slightest, i just want to follow up if this turns out to be correct.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
I think on Highendgear review on the D170, it mentioned power filters and conditioner will reduce D's dynamic.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

so it may be worthwhile leaving the power conditioner for all my other devices.. the AV receiver, audio pc, network switch etc and plug the cables directly into the main power?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Not sure. Best will be just try it out and let your ears be the judge.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

i had people coming over so no time to judge but when i put the devs through the power conditioner i thought it sounded much worse.

ill get some proper testing done after this damn long weekend.
(26-Apr-2015, 03:33)completeluxury Wrote: This is a quote from another thread in relation to an issue i had.

Damon

I thought there was some discussion about power conditioners in general not being a good match, or a good idea, with Devialet amps. I don't know what thread that was in, or if it is true at all. Just a thought that occurred to me, reading your set up.

i had a quick search and i couldnt find anything in relation to this.

can anyone else remember if this is right and possibly point me in the right direction to the thread if you remember it.

Damon - not trying to out you here in the slightest, i just want to follow  up if this turns out to be correct.

I think this may be the thread Damon was thinking about:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=223

Personally, I have had some brief experience of a Devialet amp with a PS audio mains conditioner, I thought that the dynamics had been killed and all excitement removed from the music.  Just my view after a brief listen.
hk6320,
No problem at all, but thanks for the note. I put that thought in as we we were thinking about the noise that complete luxury was experiencing, and I remembered a discussion about something upstream in the power chain. I have only one box, plus a speaker switcher, so I'm no authority on anything more complex that the 'on-off' button. I do seem to swap speakers a lot, thought....
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
This may not be relevant to the 400 owners, but I just put a PS Audio Premier into my system to power my 120 etc. Initially I thought it sounded bad, but that was the PS Audio getting up to speed (it was putting out 119 volts). Once it was consistently putting out 120 it made a very noticeable difference in the sound, in particular in the midrange detail. I could hear details in the sound of Paul Chambers bass intro to So What I have not been able to hear before.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C