Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries and Devialet 200
Got my Aries yesterday, only had time to plugg it in and download the app to a boroed ipad. My first problem is that that the app dont find any divice. The Aries shows a wifi symbol in the display, is the problem possibly with my wifi has a password? Did not have time to test more with it. I dont want to use wifi but I cant change it to lan if the app doesn't see the Aries.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

After some thinking I got the Aries to connect to my wifi so I could change it to LAN. Running Tidal and streaming from my NAS works really good. The aes/ebu input accepts everything I tested including DSD 64 so that is really nice.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Have you tested aes/ebu compared to usb?
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(15-May-2015, 23:32)Sobert Wrote: Have you tested aes/ebu compared to usb?

No I have not tested usb yet, only lended an ipad to test the aries waiting for the Android app that will be relesed next week then I will do some testing. 

Second system

Like some, I have problems with Air. I think bying the Aries because or its price and functionnality. However, I would not buy if the sound quality is not as good as Air. So, Aries or Air? I have an Audioquest USB Diamond.
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.
(21-May-2015, 16:17)Beajuju Wrote: Like some, I have problems with Air. I think bying the Aries because or its price and functionnality. However, I would not buy if the sound quality is not as good as Air. So, Aries or Air? I have an Audioquest USB Diamond.

In my (very humble) opinion it is not as good as AIR, having said that I base my opinion on tests I carried out last year and it's very possible the SQ has improved with firmware updates.

If I were looking at a DAC-less streamer (to replace AIR)  I would also consider the 3DLabs NANO Transport which is roughly the same price. I haven't tested this one myself but I have heard many good things about it, mainly on the French forums.

Also in the same price range you have the Melco N1A which is also a transport. In my tests it was considerably better than AIR and on a par with my totaldac d1 server which of course is much more expensive.

All 3 devices (Aries, NANO and N1A) will require a UPnP control point which will also give you access to streaming services depending on the app you choose.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(21-May-2015, 16:27)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(21-May-2015, 16:17)Beajuju Wrote: Like some, I have problems with Air. I think bying the Aries because or its price and functionnality. However, I would not buy if the sound quality is not as good as Air. So, Aries or Air? I have an Audioquest USB Diamond.

In my (very humble) opinion it is not as good as AIR, having said that I base my opinion on tests I carried out last year and it's very possible the SQ has improved with firmware updates.

If I were looking at a DAC-less streamer (to replace AIR)  I would also consider the 3DLabs NANO Transport which is roughly the same price. I haven't tested this one myself but I have heard many good things about it, mainly on the French forums.

Also in the same price range you have the Melco N1A which is also a transport. In my tests it was considerably better than AIR and on a par with my totaldac d1 server which of course is much more expensive.

All 3 devices (Aries, NANO and N1A) will require a UPnP control point which will also give you access to streaming services depending on the app you choose.

Guillaume
 Any update on the Melco? Could it be connected to a Devialet and controlled by a tablet for example?
Theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
I understand that some on here use the Aurender N100 which seems relatively good value and supports TIDAL.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(21-May-2015, 16:27)GuillaumeB Wrote: If I were looking at a DAC-less streamer (to replace AIR)  I would also consider the 3DLabs NANO Transport which is roughly the same price. I haven't tested this one myself but I have heard many good things about it, mainly on the French forums.

Guillaume

Guillaume, does the 3DLabs NANO support lossless streaming services like Qobuz (my favourite) or TIDAL?

Thanks
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(21-May-2015, 16:27)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Thank you Guillaume for the suggestions. I live in Québec city, and the Melco is not available here. Aurender 100X can be a solution. BTW i received an emai from Devialet to my question. Unfortunately, the Dialog won't be available for the expert line this spring but more at the end of the year...
Devialet 800. Dynaudio Focus 340. Transparent MusicWave Super speaker cable. Rega P3 turntable. Naim NAT05 XS with Flatcap XS.