Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auralic Aries and Devialet 200
(21-May-2015, 19:35)PhilP Wrote:
(21-May-2015, 16:27)GuillaumeB Wrote: If I were looking at a DAC-less streamer (to replace AIR)  I would also consider the 3DLabs NANO Transport which is roughly the same price. I haven't tested this one myself but I have heard many good things about it, mainly on the French forums.

Guillaume

Guillaume, does the 3DLabs NANO support lossless streaming services like Qobuz (my favourite) or TIDAL?

Thanks

Not natively as such. Both the NANO and the Melco can be operated using 3rd party UPnP apps, some of which support streaming services.

I am able to stream Qobuz (and Tidal) on my totaldac d1 using the iPeng 8 app which works well although is tricky to set up first time round. Works flawlessly now though. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I use an Aries LE with my Devialet 120, connected via USB. I belong to the category of people who believe that, as long as you can transfer a bit stream without errors from a file or CD to the DAC, sound quality cannot be different between streamers/cables/types of connection... But it's just my opinion, and I'm perfectly happy with my current setup !
I had the opportunity to do a head to head comparision between the Aries and Moon Mind 180 this weekend with my 250.

IMO the Aries had the better SQ via AES and was even less "edgy" than the same tracks via AIR. (I guess I am one of the lucky few who has never had problems with the AIR solution.) Also the streaming quality via Qobuz was extremely good.

Honestly I was so impressed with the Aries that I am considering replacing my Moon 180 with one.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(30-May-2015, 19:54)pthierry Wrote: I use an Aries LE with my Devialet 120, connected via USB. I belong to the category of people who believe that, as long as you can transfer a bit stream without errors from a file or CD to the DAC, sound quality cannot be different between streamers/cables/types of connection... But it's just my opinion, and I'm perfectly happy with my current setup !

Then don't listen to an Aurender in your setup because my new Aurender N100H is simply heads and shoulders better than what my Aries (not an LE) sounded like.. It would be great if what you say is true, but it's not. One would think that an Aries with a LPS and a good power cable and a good USB should be as good as it gets.. wish it was so, but it just isn't. And I can't even to begin to explain why..just is
(07-Jun-2015, 19:59)baconbrain Wrote: I had the opportunity to do a head to head comparision between the Aries and Moon Mind 180 this weekend with my 250.

IMO the Aries had the better SQ via AES and was even less "edgy" than the same tracks via AIR. (I guess I am one of the lucky few who has never had problems with the AIR solution.) Also the streaming quality via Qobuz was extremely good.

Honestly I was so impressed with the Aries that I am considering replacing my Moon 180 with one.

I'd add an Aurender to your list.. Just saying'
(08-Jun-2015, 16:43)ErikM Wrote:
(30-May-2015, 19:54)pthierry Wrote: I use an Aries LE with my Devialet 120, connected via USB. I belong to the category of people who believe that, as long as you can transfer a bit stream without errors from a file or CD to the DAC, sound quality cannot be different between streamers/cables/types of connection... But it's just my opinion, and I'm perfectly happy with my current setup !

Then don't listen to an Aurender in your setup because my new Aurender N100H is simply heads and shoulders better than what my Aries (not an LE) sounded like.. It would be great if what you say is true, but it's not. One would think that an Aries with a LPS and a good power cable and a good USB should be as good as it gets.. wish it was so, but it just isn't.  And I can't even to begin to explain why..just is

The Aurender also costs twice as much as the Aries so it is a little strange to even put them against each other, but that is only my two cents......And it has nothing to do with the fact that I own a Aries, I like my Aries but I would not say no to a Aurender.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(08-Jun-2015, 19:51)octaviars Wrote:
(08-Jun-2015, 16:43)ErikM Wrote:

Then don't listen to an Aurender in your setup because my new Aurender N100H is simply heads and shoulders better than what my Aries (not an LE) sounded like.. It would be great if what you say is true, but it's not. One would think that an Aries with a LPS and a good power cable and a good USB should be as good as it gets.. wish it was so, but it just isn't.  And I can't even to begin to explain why..just is

The Aurender also costs twice as much as the Aries so it is a little strange to even put them against each other, but that is only my two cents......And it has nothing to do with the fact that I own a Aries, I like my Aries but I would not say no to a Aurender.

The Aurender isn't twice as much.. The Aries is $1600.00  the new Aurender N100 is $2499. for the streamer and $2699. for the N100H which has a 2 tb internal drive
Opps yes I guess it is compared to the basic Aries
(09-Jun-2015, 03:38)ErikM Wrote: Opps yes I guess it is compared to the basic Aries

I have the Aries with the better power supply, I dont know how much that affects the soundquality, if I am correct it has a better clock also.

In Sweden the prices for Aurender N100 29k, N100H 32k and Auralic Aries LE 12k and Aries 17k.

I only think it is not fair to put the Aurender against the Auralic when their is so much diffrens in price, if the Aurender did not beat the Auralic in soundquality I would be surprised Shy
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(08-Jun-2015, 19:10)ErikM Wrote:
(07-Jun-2015, 19:59)baconbrain Wrote: I had the opportunity to do a head to head comparision between the Aries and Moon Mind 180 this weekend with my 250.

I'd add an Aurender to your list.. Just saying'

Thanks for the tip and N100 is a good looking / sounding kit, but unfortunately is limited to USB output only, which kind of defeats the purpose of my pricey AES cable ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack