Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Regen from UpTone
(29-Apr-2015, 16:45)Kunter Wrote:
(29-Apr-2015, 16:39)Kunter Wrote: Ogs,
Did you try eliminating the power supply completely? Since Devialet does not need/use 5v of the USB, and if the device is using the power supply just for this, maybe it works without it? Can you check?

Thanks

Never mind...
I just RTFM'd the FAQ and found this

Once you are certain that no 5VBUS is needed, then yes, you can run the REGEN from a 5V or a 12V supply. The main function, USB hub chip signal regeneration and impedance match runs off of 3.3V from a separate ultra-low-noise regulator, thus 5V input allows for plenty of drop required for that regulator to do its thing.

Apparently you still need the power... but a crazy thought would be to use a simple clean 5v battery supply just for the signal regeneration and impedance match...

cheers.

I agree Kunter. I've read the same about the 5 and 3.3V. Regen does respond to better power so a battery may be the right thing. We'll see what turns up.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(29-Apr-2015, 16:41)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I did ask the UK Melco distributor about this. He thinks the regeneration and jitter control of the Me,co ought to be better, but it would be interesting to try the Regen. I don't really want to buy one to just to test that theory though!

The Melco ought to be better, but you will not know until you've tried. If the USB cable you use is a good match for both the Melco and Devialet you would probably not need the Regen... maybe you'll get a chance to borrow a Regen later.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
That's what I'm thinking. I'm allergic to buying things that are not so easy to return!
I have one on order for batch 2 as well. Curious to know if it'll improve things further as I already have a JCAT battery PSU powering a JCAT USB interface card and a TotalDAC D1 USB cable/filter between that and the D250. It might be overkill! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(29-Apr-2015, 23:23)Antoine Wrote: I have one on order for batch 2 as well. Curious to know if it'll improve things further as I already have a JCAT battery PSU powering a JCAT USB interface card and a TotalDAC D1 USB cable/filter between that and the D250. It might be overkill! Smile

Antoine, it will be very interesting to read your comments with a Regen in such environment!
Devialetless!
(29-Apr-2015, 23:23)Antoine Wrote: I have one on order for batch 2 as well. Curious to know if it'll improve things further as I already have a JCAT battery PSU powering a JCAT USB interface card and a TotalDAC D1 USB cable/filter between that and the D250. It might be overkill! Smile

With a name like Regen, for us Dutchies, I bet it's gonna sound a bit 'wet'  Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I keep reading it in my head in German as 'regen'!
(30-Apr-2015, 12:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: With a name like Regen, for us Dutchies, I bet it's gonna sound a bit 'wet'  Wink

You'd need some regen down there, quite dry isn't it? Smile
Devialetless!
(30-Apr-2015, 14:20)ogs Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 12:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: With a name like Regen, for us Dutchies, I bet it's gonna sound a bit 'wet'  Wink

You'd need some regen down there, quite dry isn't it? Smile

I'm actually on flood watch today... There's a lot of rain around and there is a small expectation that the river will break its banks. If it does, it will be the first time since we've raised our land by 1m. Will be interested to see.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks for tip, I have also ordered one.

I will plug it in to my PC with the short cable and then run the long cable to the DEV, hope that will work.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark