Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Regen from UpTone
(30-Apr-2015, 12:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(29-Apr-2015, 23:23)Antoine Wrote: I have one on order for batch 2 as well. Curious to know if it'll improve things further as I already have a JCAT battery PSU powering a JCAT USB interface card and a TotalDAC D1 USB cable/filter between that and the D250. It might be overkill! Smile

With a name like Regen, for us Dutchies, I bet it's gonna sound a bit 'wet'  Wink

Hahaha, you're absolutely right! Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(30-Apr-2015, 08:53)ogs Wrote:
(29-Apr-2015, 23:23)Antoine Wrote: I have one on order for batch 2 as well. Curious to know if it'll improve things further as I already have a JCAT battery PSU powering a JCAT USB interface card and a TotalDAC D1 USB cable/filter between that and the D250. It might be overkill! Smile

Antoine, it will be very interesting to read your comments with a Regen in such environment!

I'll let you guys know, hopefully in early June as I was too late for the first batch. Batch 2 is also sold out now but I was able to secure a batch 2 Regen. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(30-Apr-2015, 21:19)Morten Wrote: Thanks for tip, I have also ordered one.

I will plug it in to my PC with the short cable and then run the long cable to the DEV, hope that will work.

Kind regards Morten

You may have missed this: the Regen is designed to be connected to the DAC as close as possible, preferably using the short USB a to B adapter. This is necessary to guarantee the optimized impedance match.

The Netherlands
i missed out on run 2 of production :/

order #1223 and under were to be shipped by the end of may.. my order number is #1226 haha just that tiny bit too late :/
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Thanks Antoine..

I found a user manual online, it states "The REGEN can perform its functions at either end of your USB
cable, but is most effective when placed at the DAC end"

As my DEV is mounted on the wall I don't think I can find room for it--if I can I will have to use to small white cable that comes with the Regen, I believe that it will be better to have my high-end cable between the DEV and the Regen, and the cheap white between the PC and the Regen, but I will try both solutions...

Kind regards

Morten

PS, link to the user manual if someone are interested.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0660/6...1329121543
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Aha, I understand Morten, a protruding Regen wouldn't look particularly nice. Smile

The Netherlands
I ordered mine, unfortunately waiting for one day to ask a question to the designer, and missed the second batch... Will have to wait a bit longer...

In the mean time I have an iPurifier from Ifi... it also helps with the usb sound a lot. Lets see how the Regen stand up to it.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(30-Apr-2015, 20:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 14:20)ogs Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 12:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: With a name like Regen, for us Dutchies, I bet it's gonna sound a bit 'wet'  Wink

You'd need some regen down there, quite dry isn't it? Smile

I'm actually on flood watch today... There's a lot of rain around and there is a small expectation that the river will break its banks. If it does, it will be the first time since we've raised our land by 1m. Will be interested to see.

Oh dear! I did not expect that! I thought there was more rain further north... hope you are OK.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(28-Apr-2015, 14:35)DJ 04 Wrote: Does it fit behind the 250 with the cover on using the A to B adapter, or are you using a cable?

DJ 04, I've just checked this one more time. Unfortunately the A to B adapter that comes with the Regen is a bit too long so it will not make a good fit under the cover. Sorry for giving you wrong information
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(01-May-2015, 23:58)ogs Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 20:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 14:20)ogs Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 12:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: With a name like Regen, for us Dutchies, I bet it's gonna sound a bit 'wet'  Wink

You'd need some regen down there, quite dry isn't it? Smile

I'm actually on flood watch today... There's a lot of rain around and there is a small expectation that the river will break its banks. If it does, it will be the first time since we've raised our land by 1m. Will be interested to see.

Oh dear! I did not expect that! I thought there was more rain further north... hope you are OK.

All good. The whole village put their cars on the bridge but it only flooded the road by 20cm.. We don't even call that a flood here. Music last night sounded 'wet' tough... the rain on the roof was pounding!  Confused
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.