Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released
(29-Apr-2015, 08:25)Mikeeo Wrote: Well, couldn't resist, but what a way of announcing this, to 'stumble' over it in the support/knowledge base. If logging into 'Maison' there is no suggestion about this version only 7.1.1 per 23rd of December 2014. Did you receive an e-mail?
If this is some kind of 'challenge' for us owners to look in sub-sub-sub-folders of their homepage I am for sure not amused.

/Mike

Does anything ?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(29-Apr-2015, 09:10)NickB Wrote:
(29-Apr-2015, 08:25)Mikeeo Wrote: Well, couldn't resist, but what a way of announcing this, to 'stumble' over it in the support/knowledge base. If logging into 'Maison' there is no suggestion about this version only 7.1.1 per 23rd of December 2014. Did you receive an e-mail?
If this is some kind of 'challenge' for us owners to look in sub-sub-sub-folders of their homepage I am for sure not amused.

/Mike

Does anything ?

And what's more it doesn't even give any details about what the Firmware is supposed to add, or "fix", so how can anyone comment on its effectiveness Huh .

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(29-Apr-2015, 09:10)NickB Wrote:

/Mike

Does anything ?

Rolleyes
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
7.1.3 installed.

IMO there is some change in sound. Seems more dynamic, more transparent and I can listen louder without any fatigue. Also there is more detail in sound than with 7.1.1. This is just my impression based on one CD. Well recorded CD from label ECM. Artist: Eick, title: Midwest
http://www.mathiaseick.no/album/799/midwest
Did the upgrade to test if it worked but am now out all day so no chance to test - if you go in to settings it was done at 16.32 last night I think so perhaps they have not got round to putting anything on the site yet.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Just asked the question in the comments

To be fair to Devialet, if it's a beta release I would not feel too aggrieved that they have not made a public announcement or provided release notes.

If they don't do that at the point it becomes a non-beta release, that's when I would complain.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I haven't done a firmware upgrade yet on my Devialet 200 but had a question. When upgrading the firmware, what exactly is the process?

That is, do you use a separate SD card and upgrade the unit then put back the original SD card that has the configuration or do you use the same SD card for the firmware upgrade and configuration?
You can use the same SD card. First delete the config file from the SD card. Then just extract the firmware and copy all the files to your SD card (I think around 16 files or so). See the instruction from Devialet support site.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(29-Apr-2015, 12:06)hk6230 Wrote: You can use the same SD card. First delete the config file from the SD card. Then just extract the firmware and copy all the files to your SD card (I think around 16 files or so). See the instruction from Devialet support site.

Thanks!