Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released
(29-Apr-2015, 07:10)Tuomas L Wrote:
(29-Apr-2015, 07:00)adhesiv Wrote: It must be .2 better than the last firmware
Well at least .2 - β better for sure.

There was actually a 7.1.2 but it was only a software upgrade not firmware.
(29-Apr-2015, 12:06)hk6230 Wrote: You can use the same SD card. First delete the config file from the SD card. Then just extract the firmware and copy all the files to your SD card (I think around 16 files or so). See the instruction from Devialet support site.

There are 17 files.
(29-Apr-2015, 12:36)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(29-Apr-2015, 12:06)hk6230 Wrote: You can use the same SD card. First delete the config file from the SD card. Then just extract the firmware and copy all the files to your SD card (I think around 16 files or so). See the instruction from Devialet support site.

There are 17 files.

Previous Devialet firmware packages used to have in 17 files as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(29-Apr-2015, 12:34)oxfordaudio Wrote: There was actually a 7.1.2 but it was only a software upgrade not firmware.

Not sure I understand the distinction you're making there...if there was a version 7.1.2 that did not affect the code running on the Devialet itself, what did it affect and where was it installed? (You don't mean AIR 2.1.2??)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(29-Apr-2015, 11:27)thumb5 Wrote: To be fair to Devialet, if it's a beta release I would not feel too aggrieved that they have not made a public announcement or provided release notes.

If they don't do that at the point it becomes a non-beta release, that's when I would complain.

True, but in the world of announced firmware and non-beta I think we users have been the beta testers of late with all glitches. Perhaps this is why Dev this time using the prefix, 'beta'!?

I will test/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Guys

being disappointed from the previous version 7.1.1. which I skipped because it sounded cold and harsh - they are now back on track.
The new version 7.1.3 sounds much better - music is back and temp is lower as well.
Good job Devialet - although I have no clue what they have changed and what is subject to change in the new version.
Anyway I am a happy clappy again.  Shy

Cheers
Henry
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo
Tested, and maybe some improvement in dynamics, but not earth shattering. Soundstage does not extend more than it was before - maybe depth is shortened (but I can't -or won't- A/B back and forth). The system seems to have more "naturalness" or "realism" - but it wasn't short of it before.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

@ Henry
@Divasson

Do you guys have a dual mono or stereo Devialet setup?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(29-Apr-2015, 19:50)amabrok Wrote: @ Henry
@Divasson

Stereo D200- Henry
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo
(29-Apr-2015, 19:50)amabrok Wrote: @ Henry
@Divasson

Stereo D200
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable