Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released
I just loaded up 7.1.3 and agree with others...much more musicality.

Crazy what a software update can accomplish.

Details are crisper overall but there's a little more weight to the music now that makes it feel palpable in some passages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(30-Apr-2015, 07:45)adhesiv Wrote: I just loaded up 7.1.3 and agree with others...much more musicality.

Details are crisper overall but there's a little more weight to the music now that makes it feel palpable in some passages.

I totally agree, also notice better low level detail with this Beta(could just be my mind is playing tricks on me)..
Will it also apply to my D premier?
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(29-Apr-2015, 23:27)Antoine Wrote: Haha Big Grin

Well some people already put their credibility on the line claiming improvements in sound quality. What if they later announce they've only made cosmetical changes that have nothing to do with sound reproduction...oops! Wink
It's making me chuckle just thinking of the excuses….  Wink

Meanwhile, should Devialet announce that they did alter the sound,  those of us that said we didn't hear anything will still have a chance to go back and listen again 'more carefully and on more material' until we do.  Blush
(30-Apr-2015, 08:10)dteam702 Wrote:
(30-Apr-2015, 07:45)adhesiv Wrote: I just loaded up 7.1.3 and agree with others...much more musicality.

I totally agree, also notice better low level detail with this Beta(could just be my mind is playing tricks on me)..

Happy to read both opinions...in my opinion lower midrange has more weight thus offering more musicality...

BTW. It is nice to know that Not only my credibility is in dangerSmile
Devialet sent out an email hinting towards a SAM version 2 and I mentioned at the time it could be full range SAM. Could it be that they are testing that? I'll be home tomorrow night. Can't wait to try it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I have upgraded, and I do hear extra. Seems more airy, more vertical sound (like surround). I believe it is a bit more forward sounding, too. Mids are clearer/sharper and bass is firmer, too.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Well, did it too!

More analogue....but still need to listen to my turntable which always has been better than my unitiserve.

My wife confirmed this (without me telling her about 7.1.3) by listening to Nothing else matters with Metallica at very high volume!!!

Placebo or not, I do not care/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Ok my turn to wade in and make a fool of myself  Tongue  Blush

There are some subtle changes for the better. The thing I'm hearing the most is the positioning of musicians in the soundstage which has changed a little. I'm almost feeling like the music is a little smoother and more musical. That ever so slightly metallic edge to Gregory Porter's voice seems to have mellowed a little.

Is this the beta of the release that will be announced around Munich? 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thank you for pointing at this beta version: I'll try it tonight!

Arnaud
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)