Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 400s arrived today from Devialet and DSD coming soon.
I am super excited - I received my first shipment of 400's and 200's today and I am chomping at the bit to get it up and running..

I ordered some Kef Ref1's for Myself and numerous customers and because of the backorder situation they only gave me a few pair which I was nice enough to give my customers before me Smile Kef is telling me I will have my Ref's mid may they hope.

I have a pair of LS50's which I am going to try hopefully tomorrow and with the 400 I would imagine this should sound pretty good. 

My DSD collection is pretty extensive and I really want to hear some great DSD tracks that I am familiar with on the 400 so I asked the question to Devialet and they responded with YES we should have it very soon. Has anyone heard of when this might happen ?

Lots more to follow 

Thanks
Craig
Congrats on your D400. And you will be pleased with your choice and they will make ur LS50's sing. Many members here have have the the LS50'S driven with Devialet and the all seem to like the results.

For DSD, this is good. It was speculated but never confirmed from Devialet.

Maybe by soon they mean Munich High End

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Craig,
Please let us know how things are going with both the Kef Ref 1 or LS50 and also what you think of the Devialet. I'd love to hear your comments.
Bill
Guys

Thank you for the warm welcome !!

Its funny, I was reluctant last year to pick up Devialet as we have some great lines and then one of my customers who had just bought new speakers from us and a Devialet from another dealer said he never heard anything like this and that got us very interested.. Weeks later he called me and told me its changed his life and for me that was enough..

I ordered a bunch of 200s and a 400 for myself to play with.. I figured with the 200's I can always sell them in pairs and make them 400's for anyone who wants that next level. When I opened the 400 yesterday I could not believe the build quality and OMG the remote is truly stunning work. The packaging is a work of art all by itself Smile

I had a customer today stop by to pick up his Ref 1s he ordered a month ago.. We actually got his pretty quick.. He also was taking some nice Wyred for Sound stuff which for the money is great stuff. I showed him the Devialet and he looked at me and said why did you just show me that.. He couldn't stop talking about it all the way out to his car and to his Fiancee as well who was in the car..

Man they really seem to have something here and can't wait to get my fingers in this thing. My sales guy has my LS50's and stands and was supposed to drop them off last night but he was sick.. Hopefully in the next day or two.

Cant wait
Craig
(30-Apr-2015, 22:47)Theatermax Wrote: Guys

Its funny, I was reluctant last year to pick up Devialet as we have some great lines and then one of my customers who had just bought new speakers from us and a Devialet from another dealer said he never heard anything like this and that got us very interested.. Weeks later he called me and told me its changed his life and for me that was enough..

I ordered a bunch of 200s and a 400 for myself to play with.. I figured with the 200's I can always sell them in pairs and make them 400's for anyone who wants that next level. When I opened the 400 yesterday I could not believe the build quality and OMG the remote is truly stunning work.  The packaging is a work of art all by itself Smile

I had a customer today stop by to pick up his Ref 1s he ordered a month ago.. We actually got his pretty quick.. He also was taking some nice Wyred for Sound stuff which for the money is great stuff. I showed him the Devialet and he looked at me and said why did you just show me that.. He couldn't stop talking about it all the way out to his car and to his Fiancee as well who was in the car..

Man they really seem to have something here and can't wait to get my fingers in this thing. My sales guy has my LS50's and stands and was supposed to drop them off last night but he was sick.. Hopefully in the next day or two.

Cant wait
Craig

So much noise for nothing.

How about don't make another post till you listen to your D400?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(01-May-2015, 02:40)miro Wrote:

I ordered a bunch of 200s and a 400 for myself to play with.. I figured with the 200's I can always sell them in pairs and make them 400's for anyone who wants that next level. When I opened the 400 yesterday I could not believe the build quality and OMG the remote is truly stunning work.  The packaging is a work of art all by itself Smile

Cant wait
Craig

Hes allowed to be excited if he wants to be!

welcome to the forum. i just became a devialet and vivid audio dealer last week myself!

i have the d400 and vivid audio B1's for my demo room at this point. you wont be disappointed.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(01-May-2015, 02:47)completeluxury Wrote:
(01-May-2015, 02:40)miro Wrote:

Cant wait
Craig

Hes allowed to be excited if he wants to be!

welcome to the forum. i just became a devialet and vivid audio dealer last week myself!

i have the d400 and vivid audio B1's for my demo room at this point. you wont be disappointed.

Welcome theatremax,
I think it's great to share your excitement. I have the dev 400 myself. I think you'll be delighted however my experience was that a long burn in was required.
Enjoy,
Theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
theaudioguru i share your sentiment. im still going through the burn in and i guess i will be for another week or 2

when i first turned on my vivid/devialets and put some music on i was like... this is what i paid for?

its constantly improving though
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
A welcome to the forum from me as well Theatermax! Smile

PS. I think Miro's remark is the first of it's kind here on this forum so I wouldn't let it discourage you to share your experiences.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(01-May-2015, 16:24)Antoine Wrote: A welcome to the forum from me as well Theatermax! Smile

PS. I think Miro's remark is the first of it's kind here on this forum so I wouldn't let it discourage you to share your experiences.

Well said Antoine - this forum is generally a happy place!