Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet is asking to fill a survey !!
Got a feed from Devialet on their Facebook page,they are asking to take a few minutes and fill a survey.

Link: http://ifop3.cloudssi.com/E2/cgi-bin/ciw...vascript=1
Just did it! As always with a self induced survey, answering options very biased on the their own brand. But as I am a happy user the answering went quick.
/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I got an email request.
I have been a very happy Devialet owner for over 3 years until the current problematic 800 update so the survey was not well timed.
Also it was all about "brand" and IMO brand is about the least important criterion when choosing what to buy. It was as disappointing as the marketing video which came out on the web site at the time of Munich show (Class A amps catch fire and all amps have been class D since the 80s amongst other inaccuracies). Pathetic, frankly.

I was, and am, impressed by the Devialet engineering and sound quality. The switch away from being engineering-led this has been very, very unfortunate IMO.

Anyway I filled it in, they now know I am interested in the technology and that "brand" is of absolutely no interest to me...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I lost the will to live about half way through.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I agree with f1eng that it seem to be a move from engineering to branding which is confirmed by the mentioned video and my recent answer from Devialet concerning my struggle using fork connectors for my speaker cables, that is a form factor issue. Not what i would like to hear. perhaps we should be happy now as 'early' adopters, which I guess we are, as focus from the company may change in the future...
May biggest concern before jumping on the D's bandwagon was just that it was French, good engineering ideas but in function not so good...
Well so far so good as both factors work very good give and take the form factor issue I am experiencing right now.

In the end I ignored design and the 'smallness' of the units, closed my eyes and absorbed the music, that did it for me.

/Mike

/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
at least they have abandoned the 'one day everyone will own a Devialet' motto. Even the CEO said they were moving away from it.
(27-Jun-2014, 18:31)Jwg1749 Wrote: I lost the will to live about half way through.

Matt

I know what you mean Smile I think perhaps it wasn't the best translation from French to English ever.. There were a few thought provoking questions but they didn't ask about the things I really wanted to tell them. Yes, I think the product is superb but there are several improvements they could make maybe even fairly easily including adding UPnP support, adding functionality to the remote app so that it can do everything the physical remote does, stopping the irritating broadcast 5 times per second to every device on the same network, make the 'disable remote app' option actually do what it says etc
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Yes I also struggled a little with the focus of this survey. It didn't really seem to be very interested in my views about the SOUND QUALITY!!!

I am only interested in sound quality, everything else is a bonus. Granted the Devialet is highly configurable and has some amazing stuff going on under its bonnet. It's a very nice looking device too. Love the remote etc.

I also thought that there was an odd mix of brands listed in the survey. At one point I was being asked to score the Devialet against Linn.

But there was never anything about the sound... it's all about the sound, stupid!Rolleyes

All in all I came away thinking that it was a bit of a missed opportunity on Devialet's part. They could have asked us so much more about real audiophile stuff. Hey they could have asked us about our speakers!!! Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Jun-2014, 10:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: Yes I also struggled a little with the focus of this survey. It didn't really seem to be very interested in my views about the SOUND QUALITY!!!

I am only interested in sound quality, everything else is a bonus. Granted the Devialet is highly configurable and has some amazing stuff going on under its bonnet. It's a very nice looking device too. Love the remote etc.

I also thought that there was an odd mix of brands listed in the survey. At one point I was being asked to score the Devialet against Linn.

But there was never anything about the sound... it's all about the sound, stupid!Rolleyes

All in all I came away thinking that it was a bit of a missed opportunity on Devialet's part. They could have asked us so much more about real audiophile stuff. Hey they could have asked us about our speakers!!! Wink

Guillaume

I had to add Sound Quality as "other" on "why I chose Devialet" !...

Funny indeed.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(28-Jun-2014, 11:30)Kunter Wrote:
(28-Jun-2014, 10:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: Yes I also struggled a little with the focus of this survey. It didn't really seem to be very interested in my views about the SOUND QUALITY!!!

Guillaume

I had to add Sound Quality as "other" on "why I chose Devialet" !...

Funny indeed.

That's exactly what I did Kunter... (the mind boggles...)

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK