Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 400 Companion shuts down
Trigger is off
Companion inputs disabled

Thanks, I'll try to set a new Config files

But if I try setting all new Devialet 200 Config - I'll see Wrong Config files, so, this is very very strange

Maybe I also reformatting my SD-cards
I'll create all new Configs & reformat cards. Nothing changes - Phono input missing link and non-active
I partially ( ? ) isolate the problem - it looks like the groung resistor on RCA SPDIF link on Master Devialet is burned

Companion have the ground though SPDIF or XLR AES / EBU control link - but the Master is not - as a result, Master does not give link and Companion switched off for each analog input (LIne, Phono is not visible). But Wi-Fi or Usb works fine

If I'll connected unused inputs LINE on Master with the LINE on the Companion usual RCA-pair cables - earth turns again on and analog inputs are activated. So, with that link (RCA-RCA on SPDIF link & RCA-RCA on Line inputs) I may hear sound on Phono inputs and all looks like okey

Maybe this will help in the understanding of what to do. I think I'll need repair a connectors board on Master Devialet
Sorry to hear that but at least you had the problem isolated.

Send your master back to your danger for repair.

Meanwhile the slave can be configured as a stand alone stereo D200 until the master unit is back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(08-May-2015, 23:05)kjj11 Wrote:
(08-May-2015, 22:44)amabrok Wrote: Disconnect the master slave link and take out the SD card from ur slave unit a d reboot. This should boot up the slave unit in the factory default setup of D200. If this works then at least u know that the unit works and that the problem is with dual mono configuration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All units indicates all as normal
But now I change my config and test standalone Devialet 200 configuration
And Ethernet port on it is silent! But if I back to 400 config - Ethernet works, but Phono didnt works
This is very strange
Maybe some power instability on home power line has dameged my Devialets?

Ethernet input may need some network settings to work, hence a (non factory) configuration.

Unless you also tried high resolution streams on the digital inputs, your issue, apparently only occurring on the analog inputs, seems to suggest that 192 kHz fails to transit between the master and the slave units: you may want to try another chaining cable, or to lower the sampling rate of the analog inputs from 192 to 96 kHz with the configurator. Hope it helps.
Sorry, but if I change input to "problem" (Line, Phono, Ethernet) - without signal etc (orange indication) - my Companion unit is immediately switch off
I'll try diffirent link cables - nothing helps
So, this is the problem
And it seems this is not a hi-res streaming etc problem (I'll cannot do anything - I'll change input and my Companion Devialet is off and indicates Link None) - this is hardware failure

So, if I connect Line input on Master to Line Input on Companion via basic RCA cables -Phono, Ethernet works fine