Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom in small room....
(09-May-2015, 06:54)MountainGuy Wrote: Anyone use the Phantom in a small room - say, between 1000 and 1400 cubic feet? Does the bass become too overpowering? 

How's the soundstage width/height/depth? In a small room, I like speakers that gives a large soundstage....

I figure there's enough Phantoms out there that some may be set up in a small room stereo setup..Smile

Thanks,
MtnGuy
I have two white phantoms in a very very small bedroom. of course if you turn them up load its too much. but the beauty of them is that even at low levels they are very balanced , detailed and the bass is somehow still there. if I'm in the kitchen i turn them up and can clearly hear them from all the way upstairs Smile 
Hello,
I own a Phantom Silver... The volume goes from 0 to 100.
From 10 to 40 : the quality is as good as a 80€ speaker (I have compared Phantom Silver to a Jambox : same quality for this volume range)
From 40 to 100 : the Phantom quality is great

I use my phantome 95% of the time between 10 to 40 : so I am very disappointed because 95% of the time I have the same quality than a Jambox (which is a lot smaller, more convenient to use, and a lot cheaper)

Volume from 40 to 100 : it is very very loud... too loud... except for a nightclub....

So before buying a Phantom Silver, make sure to hear a Phantom at low volume - and see by yourself that the sound is not good.
=> Don't buy Phantom for your home, you office
=> Buy Phantom if you own a nightclub
Yes, the question of boominess is a key question for small room that I'm trying to find out too. 16hz in fact I think is the advertised extension?
As already written above, a simple configurator where you can set roll off frequency would be a saver for small rooms.
All in all I will skip Phantom, but hope the industry will go in the direction of active crossovers. They could be implemented in the speaker itself (like Phantom) or Devialet could add few extra ports to it's speaker outputs.