Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet product dumping...
Oh come on. The used market forgets about close-out sales in short order, in my experience, usually taking a much bigger hit when the product is replaced, anyway (compare original D-Premier prices with D250 prices, now that the upgrades area no longer available). Rather than worrying about a short-term decline in used prices (which will be entirely theoretical, assuming you're not planning to sell), instead celebrate that more will be able to experience the magic of Devialet and tell their friends. Because that's what will preserve your used prices most of all!

In addition, don't forget the impact of the change in currency values -- I think we've all agreed that the current Devialet line at original $US retail prices is unjustifiable in light of the huge move of dollar vs. euro.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
Well I believe the relationship between Devialet and their Canadian distributor, Plurison, is still intact. If that goes sour then maybe they will go direct with retailers (US model) which may or may not result in reduced pricing or at least some more dealer flexibility in pricing. My dealer keeps me up to date pretty well so if there is any move he'll probably let me know.
(14-May-2015, 08:52)Martyn Wrote: They are going direct in the UK.

Hi,
Please could you explain further?
I am on the receiving end of this 'Devilet product dumping'... just bought a BNIB D200 for $6500 USD. I had never heard of Devialet but bought it on the spot that same day once I heard it and was told about the perfect timing of my purchase
It could of course be paving the way for a new model - clearing out excess stock of the existing ones perhaps?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

May be some need to make more volume to stay "premium" dealers and also keep exclusivity within their area/region ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(22-May-2015, 08:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It could of course be paving the way for a new model - clearing out excess stock of the existing ones perhaps?

There have been no product announcements through the devialet distributors about any new products being launched.

It is not uncommon however for either a manufacturer to dump a distributor because they arent performing well, or perhaps the distributor wanted to sell another manufacturers products so they dumped devialet.

of course another distributor could have sweet talked devialet into it as well.

when that happens the distributor has no choice but to get rid of all existing stock to make room! high end items dont exactly fly off the shelves in hundreds every day so if they needed to get rid of them quickly they would slash the pricing.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
It also doesnt make any sense for devialet to dump its distributor network and sell only through their premium stores.

The phantom range makes sense as its an all in one solution. you walk into the store and walk out with a speaker/amp combination all in one package.

Nobody is going to walk into the devialet store just to buy their amp to then have to go deal with a proper high end audio supplier to get the rest. It would be a massive downturn in sales on the expert line if they did that. Plus as the audio store you would talk down the devialet product to try get a sale in amp for yourself!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Does anyone know if Deviatet has a legal address in the US or a current distributor?
You might find this of interest.   http://en.devialet.com/store-locator/US
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2