Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
ROON
I'm sure they will. When you look at what they've just released, its clear they've focussed on getting a 'phase 1' out there so it can be released on a reduced set of known platforms that they've developed and tested for so far. I imagine it will evolve from there...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Feb-2017, 17:11)davidadamson Wrote: Just downloaded Roon 1.3 and the DSP function is fantastic, I think a lot of Phantom owners will benefit from this feature.
If only Devialet would see the light and make Phantoms Roon ready at the moment I stream to an Aurilac Aries it works but I really would like to lose it and stream directly.
You can stream Roon directly to the new airplay Dialog which will work for a lot of people.

We should all send this link and image to Devialet Support.  I mean, come on guys.  It can't be that hard, companies from raspberry Pi vendors to dCS have done it FFS.

https://roonlabs.com/partners.html

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Feb-2017, 18:47)petrik Wrote: Has anyone else tried upsampling 44.1khz to 192khz with Roon and then outputting that to AIR? I just cannot get that working - I got music only from a left channel then... 176.4 kHz works fine with AIR but not 192 kHz.

Hello, ok I tried it just now - I can get 44.1khz output as 192khz using upsampling in Roon. I am using AIR. Both channels works.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Gentlemen can i know how to take back up before installing Roon 1.3? I just read the Warning Label and I tried to click on the link someone posted regarding how to take backup, but i got message that I dont have access to the link ... whatever!. Checking with Roon regarding that.

Meanwhile, back-up means simply copy the Entire Roon folder to back-up location correct ? [ Exit Roon completely -> Copy entire Roon folder -> back-up location = thats it. correct?]
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(02-Feb-2017, 17:22)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just checked in with Andrew at Small Green Computer, the sT isn't going to cut it. Need the i5 version.

Thinking of going the whole hog and speccing an i7 with plenty of RAM and 2TB SSD.

Would be small and fanless and won't get that hot.

Guillaume

i7 will be fantastic, although i5 onwards folks have not seen any issues.
Roon recommends 8GB RAM covers all their features.

Above all, even better is 2TB SSD - fanless. This will be a done deal for audio application.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(03-Feb-2017, 05:07)Jnan_devi Wrote: Gentlemen can i know how to take back up before installing Roon 1.3? I just read the Warning Label and I tried to click on the link someone posted regarding how to take backup, but i got message that I dont have access to the link ... whatever!. Checking with Roon regarding that.

Meanwhile, back-up means simply copy the Entire Roon folder to back-up location correct ? [ Exit Roon completely -> Copy entire Roon folder -> back-up location = thats it. correct?]

The database sub folder not the entire roon folder.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Per Roon:

Warning Label [Image: bangbang.png?v=3]

First, a few warnings. 

Before installing this build, be sure to make a backup of your Roon databases as well as your content.

Link to where your Roon database is and how to backup:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_ba...atabase%3F
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(03-Feb-2017, 01:13)baddog Wrote: Hello, ok I tried it just now - I can get 44.1khz output as 192khz using upsampling in Roon. I am using AIR. Both channels works.

Thank you baddog! The problem that I'm having is probably then related to something else than AIR. I'm having a totally silent right channel when the signal path looks like this: 

[Image: Signal%20Path.PNG]

Otherwise this is similar with your signal path, but I'm having also -4 dB headroom adjustment.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(03-Feb-2017, 07:19)petrik Wrote:
(03-Feb-2017, 01:13)baddog Wrote: Hello, ok I tried it just now - I can get 44.1khz output as 192khz using upsampling in Roon. I am using AIR. Both channels works.

Thank you baddog! The problem that I'm having is probably then related to something else than AIR. I'm having a totally silent right channel when the signal path looks like this: 

[Image: Signal%20Path.PNG]

Otherwise this is similar with your signal path, but I'm having also -4 dB headroom adjustment.

You don't need head room adjustment if only upsampling.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(03-Feb-2017, 13:47)Dr Tone Wrote: You don't need head room adjustment if only upsampling.

Good point, thanks Blush I would also like to do a room correction and I suppose then the headroom adjustment would be needed.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland