Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
ROON
(17-May-2015, 22:23)NickB Wrote:
(17-May-2015, 19:23)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Hugely excited about this.

Was disappointed to read that Qobuz support is unlikely unless it moves out of bankruptcy protection, and that there's no remote ap yet. But if they release a remote - as a headless mac user - I'll definitely be exploring.

Are they still in bankruptcy protection? Have read a few articles and they all seem to stop about it in October last year.

No idea really, I read that on the Roon FAQ - someone had suggested Qobuz and another poster had said one of the Roon staff had allegedly said its not an option until they come out of protection. So I suppose the post already had a lot of room for error, and/or could have been old….

post here:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/qobuz-s...ciated/807

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

In fact, danny at Roon came back with this article: http://www.telecompaper.com/news/qobuz-e...e--1076286

text from it below:

Qobuz extends bankruptcy protection until mid-June
Sunday 12 April 2015 | 18:30 CET

French high definition music streaming company Qobuz has secured an extension of its bankruptcy protection until 15 June, reports Les Echos. The pay music service Qobuz entered protection from creditors in August 2014. CEO Yves Riesel said revenue were twice as high in March as a year earlier, as they were in February, January and December. Qobuz has been growing steadily for a little over 6 months. He added that the company was looking for a new owner or backer, but not a direct competitor.

Qobuz has around 40 employees, ten fewer than a year ago. Riesel sold his music label, Abeille. The company aims to break even in 2017. It expects to double its revenue to EUR 12 million this year, half coming from outside France and 40 percent from subscriptions. Qobuz currently has 25,000 paying customers, two-thirds of whom pay EUR 20 a month. The remainder comes from album and track sales, as 35 percent of subscribers also buy music to download.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-May-2015, 17:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote: In fact, danny at Roon came back with this article: http://www.telecompaper.com/news/qobuz-e...e--1076286

text from it below:

Qobuz extends bankruptcy protection until mid-June
Sunday 12 April 2015 | 18:30 CET

French high definition music streaming company Qobuz has secured an extension of its bankruptcy protection until 15 June, reports Les Echos. The pay music service Qobuz entered protection from creditors in August 2014. CEO Yves Riesel said revenue were twice as high in March as a year earlier, as they were in February, January and December. Qobuz has been growing steadily for a little over 6 months. He added that the company was looking for a new owner or backer, but not a direct competitor.

Qobuz has around 40 employees, ten fewer than a year ago. Riesel sold his music label, Abeille. The company aims to break even in 2017. It expects to double its revenue to EUR 12 million this year, half coming from outside France and 40 percent from subscriptions. Qobuz currently has 25,000 paying customers, two-thirds of whom pay EUR 20 a month. The remainder comes from album and track sales, as 35 percent of subscribers also buy music to download.

Yes the classic chicken and egg situation, if no one uses them as they are in protection they are more likely to go bankrupt. I don't see that there is a risk I am on a monthly payment and if they fold it ends !!!! but in the meantime the selection of music and the quality is really good.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I must say I'd be very sorry if Qobuz folded. As you said, NickB, they have an interesting selection of music, especially classical.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I use Qobuz a lot and find the "new releases" section really interesting, especially for classical. I've also found some great new French jazz music! I hope they can find a buyer.
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.
Me to listened to Buddha-Bar XVII tonight very interesting and different
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
If you are testing or using Roon, and if you have a Win tablet/notebook, use the tablet/notebook running Roon as Remote. Then set a private AIR audio output to Devialet. This, I believe, is the ideal setup for Roon. Note: Roon Core should be running on your fastest, highest configuration system for best performance. If you are using Windows tablet/notebook, you can also use Fidelizer to improve SQ.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I gave in and signed up for a trial of Tidal and Roon and they seem to work fantastically well together. Set up is on a new Intel i3 NUC with 8 GB memory and 2 x SSD,s, music is stored on a Synology NAS. Have set up AIR 2.1.3 and have been playing all day via RJ45 cable with a mix of 24/192 to 16/44.1 and not a single drop out or white noise or any other error.

I did try AIR 2.1.3 on another old PC that had had a previous version of AIR on and had huge problems so feel that maybe it is difficult to do a clean install to a machine that had had AIR on previously which will cause problems.

Happy days Big Grin

(29-May-2015, 23:06)NickB Wrote:  I gave in and signed up for a trial of Tidal and Roon and they seem to work fantastically well together. Set up is on a new Intel i3 NUC with 8 GB memory and 2 x SSD,s, music is stored on a Synology NAS. Have set up AIR 2.1.3 and have been playing all day via RJ45 cable with a mix of 24/192 to 16/44.1 and not a single drop out or white noise or any other error.

I did try AIR 2.1.3 on another old PC that had had a previous version of AIR on and had huge problems so feel that maybe it is difficult to do a clean install to a machine that had had AIR on previously which will cause problems.

Happy days Big Grin

Yeah, a few of us Devialetors signed up for lifetime membership here in China and having a great time exploring our own NAS library music with bios on the music and artists. It's fun. The only issue is Tidal's performance is very unpredictable here in China. Eagerly awaiting for the launching of IOS remote and DSD support.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

do roon read the music files already organized with itunes on the pc, or do it copi and move them ??
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"