Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
ROON
(02-Feb-2017, 23:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-Feb-2017, 17:11)davidadamson Wrote: Just downloaded Roon 1.3 and the DSP function is fantastic, I think a lot of Phantom owners will benefit from this feature.
If only Devialet would see the light and make Phantoms Roon ready at the moment I stream to an Aurilac Aries it works but I really would like to lose it and stream directly.
You can stream Roon directly to the new airplay Dialog which will work for a lot of people.

We should all send this link and image to Devialet Support.  I mean, come on guys.  It can't be that hard, companies from raspberry Pi vendors to dCS have done it FFS.

https://roonlabs.com/partners.html

Point well made!  However, taking a pessimistic view on this, there are a LOT of hifi manufacturers, some of which major in streaming, that are NOT on this list.  I have no idea of the answer to this, but does anyone know how hard (or costly) getting 'Roon Ready' status is?  Obviously there is some technical requirements, Melco's inadequate processor preventing Roon core installation, for example.  Plus I'm guessing there are other hurdles to clear in getting Roon approval.  Or to put this another way, for all I know maybe it is quite hard to become 'Roon Ready'?  Another way of looking at this is that Roon works so well via AIR, does it matter if the new streamer board is 'Roon Ready' or not?  Devialet AIR already is! Shy

Just as an aside, I have just updated Roon which is now busy re-reading my library, no time to play with Roon tonight but it'll be ready to go tomorrow.  I was genuinely thinking of dropping Roon because of the lack of some very basic features, such as sort facilities in playlists.  A quick look at 1.3 reveals that some of my biggest bugbears have been mitigated.  Good stuff!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I've not seen a company as responsive and supportive of their customer base as Roon Labs is.   They have an exceptional product that they keep improving.   

Think of it this way... they came out competing with lots of free & very low cost solutions and have been not only able to achieve substantial market share, but tons of accolades in the process - despite what many feel is a pricey product.   The launch of 1.3 with support of Sonos endpoints, DSP functionality, improved performance and a ton of new features is a big feather in their cap.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(02-Feb-2017, 18:47)petrik Wrote: Has anyone else tried upsampling 44.1khz to 192khz with Roon and then outputting that to AIR? I just cannot get that working - I got music only from a left channel then... 176.4 kHz works fine with AIR but not 192 kHz.

OK, I found the problem finally - it was the digital cable between master and companion which didn't work with 192khz. Everything seems to work just fine after changing that cable Shy
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(04-Feb-2017, 08:53)petrik Wrote:
(02-Feb-2017, 18:47)petrik Wrote: Has anyone else tried upsampling 44.1khz to 192khz with Roon and then outputting that to AIR? I just cannot get that working - I got music only from a left channel then... 176.4 kHz works fine with AIR but not 192 kHz.

OK, I found the problem finally - it was the digital cable between master and companion which didn't work with 192khz. Everything seems to work just fine after changing that cable Shy

Wow, who would have thought? Glad it is now working for you.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(02-Feb-2017, 21:56)octaviars Wrote: One thing that I dont get the hang of with NUC is the SATA disk number one so it will boot from that and not the M.2 disk? But I suppose this is changeable in BIOS settings?

Yes, I have it booting from M.2 with the 5 CDs stored on the SATA SSD.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(05-Feb-2017, 09:32)tategoi Wrote:
(02-Feb-2017, 21:56)octaviars Wrote: One thing that I dont get the hang of with NUC is the SATA disk number one so it will boot from that and not the M.2 disk? But I suppose this is changeable in BIOS settings?

Yes, I have it booting from M.2 with the 5 CDs stored on the SATA SSD.

Ok, good to hear that.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(03-Feb-2017, 05:48)baddog Wrote: Per Roon:

Warning Label [Image: bangbang.png?v=3]

First, a few warnings. 

Before installing this build, be sure to make a backup of your Roon databases as well as your content.

Link to where your Roon database is and how to backup:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_ba...atabase%3F

Right! i was trying to find this link! thank you! and also thank you Dr Tone.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Folks, those who are trying to build NUC based system or any other system with Static memory, could check out these articles regarding Optain Memory chip/card. In demonstrations by Intel, Optane SSDs have performed 10 times faster than conventional SSDs.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/a...pkw=optane

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3162177/s...sting.html

Now, is this needed for our application in audio world ? SSD is already over-kill or we need Optain Memory...
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I believe it is an overkill. My NUC 5i5 with M.2 sdd is booting up pretty quickly. Using a Roon Remote, playing a song is just click and it plays straight away.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I run a i3 right now with M.2 disk and that is fast enough for Roon core, I dont use up-sampling right now but I have plans to build a new dedicated computer just for audio use.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree