Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM Lab....
More info in this article: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/0...-end-2015/

Includes... "Permits loudspeaker modeling anywhere in the world by any Devialet-approved representative. SAM Lab measurements can be completed in less than 10 minutes before being shared via Devialet's website".

So if an approved represenative (dealers only?) take the measurenemts on speaker X then they can upload it and it becomes available to all. This should signficantly increase the rollout of SAM.
(15-May-2015, 11:06)JonathanG Wrote: More info in this article: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/0...-end-2015/

Includes... "Permits loudspeaker modeling anywhere in the world by any Devialet-approved representative. SAM Lab measurements can be completed in less than 10 minutes before being shared via Devialet's website".

So if an approved represenative (dealers only?) take the measurenemts on speaker X then they can upload it and it becomes available to all. This should signficantly increase the rollout of SAM.

Great news though I wonder if dealers will want to charge for the service given that it will take up quite a lot of their time once set-up etc is included

Several other interesting items in that article:

- Branch seems to be a really neat design with internal cable routing, acting as a heat sink  etc

- Cocoon carrying case for Phantom

- 3500 'Expert' units sold last year
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(14-May-2015, 19:56)moreno1973 Wrote: http://www.soundstageglobal.com/images/s...G_9849.jpg

What is it for this XLR input? Microphone???

If for a microphone, that could possibly be used for room correction measurements.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Great development! Very curious to the details. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
http://www.my-hiend.com/leoyeh2/2015a/m/IMG_9921ss.jpg

Conference presentation about SAM lab
Front

http://www.my-hiend.com/leoyeh2/2015a/m/IMG_9887ss.jpg
I have had discussion with Thierry on Devialet today how this Sam Lab will work.
It is only for SAM-ing, nothing else like room correction etc.
Will be available only in the premium Devialet Stores that soon will popup, the process of SAM-ing with this unit is complex and will never be available for home cooking Smile

But it is fantastic news!, even if you only replace/upgrade some part of your speakers, you can re-SAM again
So you have to take your speaker to the Devialet store and have it SAM:ed there? Is this going to be new stores or already existing dealers? Wonder if we get one in Sweden.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(15-May-2015, 16:38)stefanfreij Wrote: I have had discussion with Thierry on Devialet today how this Sam Lab will work.
It is only for SAM-ing, nothing else like room correction etc.
Will be available only in the premium Devialet Stores that soon will popup, the process of SAM-ing with this unit is complex and will never be available for home cooking Smile

But it is fantastic news!, even if you only replace/upgrade some part of your speakers, you can re-SAM again

Thank you for this information! It's great news for us that don't yet have SAM'ed speakers.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Ah, this is so interesting. By the looks of it, the Lab unit plugs into the rear of an expert device. They had to have planned the design of D-premier and D200 well in advance Smile.

I wonder if the SAMming happens in the pre-amplification stage, or in the amplification stage. Does anyone know? If in the former, then the usefulness of the Devialet units will double, as will the addressable market. Think people like me who want to use their own amplifier, but want to use the streamer, DAC, Phono and volume control in the Devialet.
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M