Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
DSD via USB
I have is a small nuc pc and I tried jriver but this would change it to 174.6khz, jplay appeared to work and displayed dsd64 although it's not an ideal interface and it did skip once.

Edit: jriver output option was changed to DSD in DoP format = now displays dsd64

Love the sound of my SBT via USB , and although there is a DSD plugin, it also seems to do some sort of conversion and doesn't display DSD.
Edit: SBT playing DSD files displays as dsd64 on dev120 ? happy with this.

Let's hope roon improve the sound and fully support DSD like jplay does, and also an iPad android app.
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.
Just a question I know you also use Daphile, did you made some customization for the Alsa settings ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
Sorry I stopped using that months ago....I may go back to it though as its v good
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.
I read from the Devialet descriptions that the DCD stream is ultimate converted back to PCM. So it looks like it may be more straight forward just to convert the DSD files to PCM 24/88.2 or 24/176.4 offline
It's "downsampled" to the Devialet internal PCM 40 bit/384kHz processing bitrate. Also I can't think of anything more straightforward than a simple press on 'play' on the original DSF file in your DSD/DoP compatible playback software. Big Grin

See: http://en.devialet.com/assets/V3/pdf/Fir...per-EN.pdf
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Well i have been changing dacs and switching between dsf, pcm and even dop encapsulated flac files. So i have in storage all sorts of formats already converted

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(28-May-2015, 08:58)Antoine Wrote: It's "downsampled" to the Devialet internal PCM 40 bit/384kHz processing bitrate. Also I can't think of anything more straightforward than a simple press on 'play' on the original DSF file in your DSD/DoP compatible playback software. Big Grin

See: http://en.devialet.com/assets/V3/pdf/Fir...per-EN.pdf

That white paper explains something but it is more marketing than the  previous white papers from Devialet. Especially the relevance to firmware update of the last page with an extreme skier escapes me (I like skiing difficult slopes but nothing like this!).
384kHz is a multiple of 48 and maybe that is the reason I like 96/24 most. Still how the MAT conversion of DSD is achieved is not clear to me (adding 15bit and what?).
hello Vanilla milk,

wich Lumin do you use ?

thanks.
Devialet 200 - Restek Ergo - synology 214+
Master Loudspeakers : Grand Cru Audio Essentiel
Funny toys Loudspeakers : Penaudio Charisma
Dear Erik M,

did you try to plug your sinology in USB to the Devialet ?
Do you see 192/24 or DSD 64 ?

regards,

Funsloop
Finaly,

I installed Minimserver on my Synology 214+.
I really would like to use the USB output of the sinilogy to the USB entry of the Devialet 200 .... all that without switching on Any PC or MAC.

Any advise about an Ipad App wich would work in that condition ?

thanks for your help.
May that mean that I will have to buy a renderer like Auralic Aries or Lumin D1 ...