Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 Cutting Out
I got a friends D200 setup today and we are having a pretty big issue. At around -15 db on the volume control the D200 is cutting out (clipping?) and the display turns red. I tested the spl at the listening position (13 feet from the speakers) and peaks were in the low 80s. We are running firmware 8.0 and did the custom config for his cartridge (Sumiko pearwood celebration 2). We are using an optical cable from his squeezbox. The sound at the volumes that it will actually work is a bit anemic as well - very little bass compared to what we are used to in his room.

Speakers are Revel Studio 2's.

Has anyone seen this or heard of this before? How do we fix?

Help!
Did you check speaker cables for optimal connections, no shorts?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(17-May-2015, 00:54)MDB Wrote: I got a friends D200 setup today and we are having a pretty big issue. At around -15 db on the volume control the D200 is cutting out (clipping?) and the display turns red. I tested the spl at the listening position (13 feet from the speakers) and peaks were in the low 80s. We are running firmware 8.0 and did the custom config for his cartridge (Sumiko pearwood celebration 2).  We are using an optical cable from his squeezbox.  The sound at the volumes that it will actually work is a bit anemic as well - very little bass compared to what we are used to in his room.

Speakers are Revel Studio 2's.

Has anyone seen this or heard of this before?  How do we fix?

Help!

Sounds similar to my problem although mine was with 7.1.3.  Long press the tone control, then scroll to the fault menu and see what it says.  I emailed Devialet with my fault code and they advised me to send the amp back for a new board to be fitted. It's there now being mended.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Sounds a bit like a lack of power - could be the Class D board is not working properly. You might be hearing pure Class A!
(17-May-2015, 16:22)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Sounds a bit like a lack of power - could be the Class D board is not working properly. You might be hearing pure Class A!

Here's what they said about my board replacement: "The board makes the bridge between the power supply, the ADH and the mother board. It is a small board thats regulates informations within the Devialet.
Replacing this board will not change the sound quality."
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi guys - thanks for your thoughts. Here is what the read out says from the fault menu:

Last Fault:
A 20008
Speaker right over current

Thoughts?
(18-May-2015, 01:08)MDB Wrote: Hi guys - thanks for your thoughts.  Here is what the read out says from the fault menu:

Last Fault:
A 20008
Speaker right over current

Thoughts?

Hi,

That's a different code to the one I got.  Suggest you let Devialet know and see what they say.
South Coast England
Again Antoine's suggestion earlier is a good one if not already done - check for shorts, or maybe speaker problem? Just on the off-chance that something silly is going on and it's not the Devialet.
You could also swap speakers cables on the amp side and/or disconnect one of them, and see if lack of power and error code remain.
Good luck!
Thanks guys! Turns out the positive/negative of the one channel was just barely touching at the Devialet. Problem fixed!

Thanks everyone!!