Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 to 800?
its not a big price jump!

The 250 slave is 15,000 AUD retail so by the time you factor in our horrible exchange rate im not sure where you live but it would be about 10 - 11k retail for the 250 slave in EUR or USD

a devialet 400 is 19,500 AUD retail.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Europe:
D400 = 12.900€ and D250 Slave 10.000 €
Companion used I think you will get 7000 € than you go for double mono at least for 6000 € more
For anyone considering moving from a Stereo 200 or 250 to 400 or 800 monoblocks, if you are unconvinced that the upgrade to monoblocks is worthwhile, you owe it to yourself to try the S/PDIF to AES/EBU link between the master and the slave.  The stock SP/DIF Crystal cable provided is IMHO simply not good.

I bought the 400s after auditioning the 200 in my system, and while I thought the 400s were better with slightly better bass, dynamics and detail, I ultimately felt the improvements did not justify the $C8000.00 difference.  That was until I installed an Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable.  Now the difference between the 200 and the 400 more than justifies the price difference.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada