Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 weeks on - progress & HD tracks
After being fairly impressed by the addition of the Van Damme 4mm core Professional Blue Studio cables to my D200 setup, I decided to delve into HD music for the first time.

I found a Coldplay Album called 'Ghost' on the HDTracks site, and added it to my NAS collection, then hunted for a player for widows, coming across 'Media Monkey' (free), so I gave it a punt...

Setting up was quite easy, and so I played this Album for the first time - WOW! so clear and detailed... however after about 5 mins I did notice feint crackles creeping in on the high register. If I put my ear close to the tweeter I could hear what I can only describe as 'crackles and pops' just like an old vinyl LP. Is this normal?
Thankfully it is difficult to hear when in your normal listening position.
I don't remember hearing this with standard CD quality through iTunes.

So, is this to do with HD, wifi, the Dev app or Media Monkey?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
It's not AIR is it?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
So my BT wifi/broadband hub in the hall is connected to the NAS, then to another TP link unit, which is paired to another TP unit in the dining room mains socket which in turn is connected top the D200 & Laptop via ethernet...

The Laptop is the host for Media Monkey which is using the NAS for the music source, and is streamed via the Laptop using the Devialet app.

No idea if this is AIR or not?

One thing the app does not do, is to 'autosense' if the Dev is switched to ethernet. That would be very helpful if it did, rather than having to click on the system tray, find the app, then re-select 'My Devialet' to connect back up again, which is a PAIN! I have not found any option to do this....
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(18-May-2015, 10:01)teddlesdee Wrote: So my BT wifi/broadband hub in the hall is connected to the NAS, then to another TP link unit, which is paired to another TP unit in the dining room mains socket which in turn is connected top the D200 & Laptop via ethernet...

The Laptop is the host for Media Monkey which is using the NAS for the music source, and is streamed via the Laptop using the Devialet app.

One thing the app does not do, is to 'autosense' if the Dev is switched to ethernet. That would be very helpful if it did, rather than having to click on the system tray, find the app, then re-select 'My Devialet' to connect back up again, which is a PAIN! I have not found any option to do this....
It is a major concern for Devialet, they have been working on this problem for months and it is still here. On my system as I can use both Ethernet and Air connections, I just have to change the connection with the remote control and it disappears until next time, some days or some hours...
iMac 27", Airport extreme to Airport express, Devialet 120, VanDamme Blue 4mm cable, Martin Logan Sl II
(18-May-2015, 10:26)DE GREEF Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 10:01)teddlesdee Wrote: So my BT wifi/broadband hub in the hall is connected to the NAS, then to another TP link unit, which is paired to another TP unit in the dining room mains socket which in turn is connected top the D200 & Laptop via ethernet...

It is a major concern for Devialet, they have been working on this problem for months and it is still here. On my system as I can use both Ethernet and Air connections, I just have to change the connection with the remote control and it disappears until next time, some days or some hours...

That's great to know, I run a headless mac mini, so each time I get popping and cracking I have to VNC in and restart the Air application. So just changing input from the other Air one and back again (i.e. eth to wifi to eth) fixes the problem for you? If this works it will be a much simpler workaround for me

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-May-2015, 12:12)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 10:26)DE GREEF Wrote:

That's great to know, I run a headless mac mini, so each time I get popping and cracking I have to VNC in and restart the Air application.  So just changing input from the other Air one and back again (i.e. eth to wifi to eth) fixes the problem for you?  If this works it will be a much simpler workaround for me

De Greef, I did not know both Air and Ethernet could co-exist in the D200 config - I missed that! I will have a go tonight.... Then try the switch to see if it temporarily sorts the crackles!

Just getting used to Media Monkey, however after hearing about ROON, I might also give that a try...
I like Roon very much. It makes listening to music fun and educational. You should try it. I signed up for lifetime membership by second day.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(18-May-2015, 14:53)hk6230 Wrote: I like Roon very much. It makes listening to music fun and educational. You should try it. I signed up for lifetime membership by second day.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thing is though... It is pretty expensive it seems, and on top of that, if you want to use sommat like tidal, then you have to dig into your pockets again!?!?!
If that price included Tidal or whatever in some measure, I might have thought about it!
(18-May-2015, 10:01)teddlesdee Wrote: One thing the app does not do, is to 'autosense' if the Dev is switched to ethernet. That would be very helpful if it did, rather than having to click on the system tray, find the app, then re-select 'My Devialet' to connect back up again, which is a PAIN! I have not found any option to do this....

Use autoswitch

https://help.devialet.com/entries/240079...set-up-AIR-
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks - I took a look last night and found that option... Don't know how I missed that first time around...me being a numptie!