Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please vote for Harbeth M40.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Harbeth M40.1 now done & should be back with me next week.

Now go down to 16Hz apparently..

http://fr.devialet.com/enceintes/harbeth/harbeth-m40-1
Good for you.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(06-Jun-2015, 12:56)strummer Wrote: I asked Devialet if they planned to SAM Harbeth M40.1 & offered to lend my pair. Didn't think they would, as I'm in UK. Thought they'd source a pair from a Paris dealer... So I was surprised when they said yes please. Collection was arranged immediately & they will go on Monday!
Have to say, Judith has been a real pleasure to deal with, as with all correspondence I've had with Devialet.

Wow, that is amazing. This should be an appendix to the 'customer support' thread. Three thumbs up!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks guys.

Agree Damon. I can't praise Devialet enough. They shipped 110kg of speakers from UK & in 2-3 days. That can't have been cheap. I'm impressed.

Can't wait to get them back & hear the difference.
Wow thats fantastic. However how is the combination Devialet - Harbeths in general.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(19-May-2015, 12:46)strummer Wrote: If any of you gentlemen have any votes left, I'd be extremely grateful if you could vote for Harbeth M40.1 for the SAM treatment!

I thank you in advance  Big Grin

Just as FYI, I came close to buying a pair of Harbeth Super HL5+ speakers but unfortunately, my wife did not like the retro look and was totally against me putting them in our living room.

At the time I was researching Harbeth speakers, I exchanged several emails with Harbeth (Alan Shaw) concerning SAM and he is totally opposed to the whole SAM concept. He told me that his speakers are voice to be used with the grills on but when SAM measurements are taken, they are taken with grills off.  For this reason, Harbeth (Alan Shaw) does not support the whole SAM concept and claims that you are not getting the most from their speakers when the grills are off.

Just do some research on the Harbeth forums and you'll see.
I'm thinking of auditioning the Harbeth Super hl5. Love my Olympica II's but when i auditioned my LP12 the Harbeth got me thinking. I was extremely impessed and love their looks.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
I was in middle of auditioning Harbeth SHL5 (Used) driven by Naim gear. I went to his house with my Le 120 to audition. Sound quality was very good, especially the Mids were great compared to my KEF 203/2s. However one distinctive difference was i had to increase volume to -10dB to hear out "similar loudness to my ear" which i m used to -20dB on my KEF 2013 without SAM and fairly large room without any damping done. Harbeths were in smaller place and quieter environment. Any similar observation regarding Volume read out on Devialets?

I truly liked Harbeth SHL5, will be good for my 18x16 ft' room.

Anyways the owner claimed SQ from Devialet better than that came out from his Naim gear. Was also showing off to his wife - WAF in play like typical men hobby stuff Smile.

One more thing on the Harbeth spec sheet on website claims ideal with 25W/Channel should be sufficient, this person was claiming that might not be entirely true and they need additional power to fire them up. I thought Le 120 should be good enough looking at the spec sheet. However my volume read was -10dB. I took back seat on that front regarding Harbeth. Anyone facing similar volume control?

However the SHL5 were pleasant to hear, easy on ears and Mids - Super!. Initially I did not like them. almost to the conclusion of my time allowed to audition is when i started liking them.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"