Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
Shahinian Compass + Devialet 220 Pro.

Very surprised to find a SAM profile available for these speakers.

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(03-Oct-2017, 20:58)user33 Wrote: D200 + Kef Blade 2

Now D400 + Kef Blade 2.

A worthwhile upgrade, but clear diminishing returns.  The first thing that's noticeable as expected is the extra power.  Lower -db setting for the same loudness.  I wouldn't use this as my primary reason for the upgrade unless you listen at very high volumes most of the time.  The second thing I noticed is a little more finesse in rendering of higher frequency instruments at low listening levels.  This I found made the upgrade worth it alone and to me supports the advertised benefits of lower noise/distortion (if that's is the reason).  I did not find much audible difference in the bass department despite each Blade 2 having four 6" woofers and logic suggesting there may be a benefit from extra power.  Maybe this is the case at loud volumes but I prefer to save my hearing for later years.  I didn't find much of a change in the soundstage.  Overall a subtle, but noticeable upgrade.  As this hobby goes, the last few % of improvement are the most expensive...

Note: I only had a D200 for about two weeks before I received the slave unit.  I have maybe 40 hours of total listening time on the D200 and 10 on the D400.  I simply may not have had enough time to spot more differences that others may have noticed or my Blade 2's were already pretty happy.
Od’A #63, Kef Blade 2
Totally the same impression!
I hat the companion for 3 days, i ve listened at least 10 hours, and i felt the same!
Definately some improvements, but didn t worth the investment for me!
I rather go 220 pro or 250 pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Acustik Lab Stella Imago + D400
Amp : D440 pro CI on Orea Bronze & HMS Suprema digital 75 Ohm link cable  / Power: Isotek Titan EVO3 with HMS Energia Suprema
        Speakers  : Manger P2 + HMS Suprema LS 
       Streaming : Primemini 4 Fanless NUC (Core i7-8650U vPro) with Roon Lifetime
         Analogue : Micro Seiki DDX1000 + SME 3012R (analogtubeaudio.de Tuning) +SPU Classic GM E MkII + HMS Suprema Phono C
     Multi-Player : Oppo UDP 203 / Power: HMS Energia SL/OV cable   
             Power : Isotek Genesis one w/o diplay 4 Aries, Oppo & DDX 1000,  

Zuerich, Switzerland
Wilson Benesch Vertex + Devialet 200
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(19-Oct-2017, 10:40)KraaijCheck Wrote: Wilson Benesch Vertex + Devialet 200

Great that you are going for the W-B. I have not heard the Vertex myself, but am more than happy with my W-B ACT speakers, so you should have hours of listening pleasure from them  Smile. Now just sit back and enjoy the music  Big Grin.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(19-Oct-2017, 11:14)brit Wrote:
(19-Oct-2017, 10:40)KraaijCheck Wrote: Wilson Benesch Vertex + Devialet 200

Great that you are going for the W-B. I have not heard the Vertex myself, but am more than happy with my W-B ACT speakers, so you should have hours of listening pleasure from them  Smile. Now just sit back and enjoy the music  Big Grin.

David

Thanks! In my room (and the combination with Devialet and Crytal Cable) the sound is magic. Incredible soundstage, deep tight and light bas, and the level of detail is like i never heard. Combination from heaven for me

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
220 pro, Piega Coax 90.2

SAM at 25% works fine for me
Aurender N10, Devialet 220pro CI, Piega Coax 711
Power: PS PowerPlant Stellar P3

Germany
Devialet 220 Pro and Dynaudio Contour 20
Devialet LE120 | SF Liuto Monitor | Nordost cables (Power & Speaker).
Devialet Expert 120 | SF Electa Amator II | Nordost power & speaker cables | Raspberry Pi CM4 Streamer | Devialet Gemini | Vancouver, Canada.