Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 1.2.0.0 released
(02-Aug-2015, 09:09)markminnoye Wrote:
(21-May-2015, 17:26)invader Wrote: I've updated too, but not without a good share of problems with failed downloads. I had to retry at least 20 times and it only worked when I eventually reset Dialog and both Phantoms.

More problematic is my overall experience with the whole system so far. I've had all updates, but the most important problems have not been fixed.

Sound:
- Stuttering at the start of each track with all online services (tried Deezer, Qobuz and now also with Tidal). Most of the time a couple of stutters in succesion or random ones in the middle of a song.
- There's a constant hissing noise coming from the Phantoms when playback starts and for about 2 seconds after stopping/pausing. I asked Devialet about it at the High End and they are aware of this and working on it (?). Strange I don't see other users over here mentioning it. Anyone? Or I might have missed it.
- Sync issues when using optical in on Dialog, tried TV and PS4. After a reset for some time it works with some 'acceptable' latency (I guess around 200ms) but then all of a sudden it's all bad with up to 2 second delays. This makes it pretty much unusable for watching TV and gaming.
- Crackling sounds with optical in when playing a game. Could be due to my optical cable not fitting properly, see 'hardware'.

Spark:
- Misclicking is very common. A click can get interpreted as a swipe to another screen. Very annoying!
- I occasionally get a 'Service A is not available' and this seems to cut the interaction with Spark, also when using Service B.
- A lot of times I need to double or triple click on a playlist/song to actually add it to the queue. Very annoying as well!
- Adding e.g. an album does not always allow me to play every song from it. It skips through the whole playlist and that's it, no sound. Clearing the playlist and re-adding the same album usually works. Again very ann....

Hardware:
- Optical cable not fitting in Dialog. I've tried 2 of which only 1 fits, but it hangs loose and won't click in. Need to try if it'll click in a Phantom.
- Dialog (new one after recall) is getting extremely hot. Might not be an issue, but please don't touch the metal!

All in all not the best experience, to say the least. And all standing in the way of a good listening experience big time. I've actually not been able to make up my mind about the sound quality so far because of all these problems. I'll hang on for another couple of weeks, but I'm seriously considering sending the whole bunch back to France. 

I'll have to second you on the listening experience.  The phantoms sound great .. once you get them working.
The Dialog does indeed get very, very hot, so do the phantoms.  So I'll plug them out when not in use.  But most of the times when I'll turn them on again, Im having loads of problems.  Very often I have to do the whole setup procedure.  Sometimes the setup seems fine, but It does not play the toslink input.  Sometimes it won't play some music files.  Sometimes it just stops playing and the dialog has lost it's connections with the phantoms and I have to reset the whole system --including touching the phantoms etc.
And adding songs or album for playback with spark often results in three entries per track in the playlist .

On top of all these problems the phantom does not seem to like HD audio (24 bit).  Very often the sounds get distorted and once that has happend you have to reboot the dialog and pray that you won't need to do a new setup procedure.
Unfortunately I have a lot of HD audio !
For me most listening experience until now has started with at least15 minutes to 'fix' the setup and did not last for more than 30 minutes until something got jammed.
Me too am considering to send it all back.

PS : I first bought one phantom, then decided to but an additional one and the dialog.  Strangely enough, the latest phantom and dialog have version 1.2.0 on them, while the first has 1.2.1 as firmware.  I don't see any possibilities to up- or downgrade.

I had problems similar to yours. It turned out one of my Phantoms and the Dialog were plugged into a filtered mains outlet which meant that data was unable to be correctly sent via the "homeplug" part of the triple way data link.
Since I plugged them into a standard outlet on the same ring main as the other Phantom they have worked well without problem, and I can unplug them and when I re-plug them in I do not need to do a new setup any more.
I do plug them in about 5 minutes before I want to listen though, since Dialog takes a while to poll, test and optimise the network connection.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

5 minutes??????
(13-Aug-2015, 19:33)gabrielefx Wrote: 5 minutes??????

5 minutes is plenty. 15 seconds may be enough but it isn't anywhere near important enough to waste any time on checking it. Sometimes I switch on an hour before, sometimes, if I am going to watch TV, they are the first thing I switch on before lowering the screen and starting the projector. By the time I switch on the TV tuner they are working.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I use an extension 220volt box for network switch, dialog and both phantoms; I can switch them on/off with 1 click. Power-on takes less than a minute...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk