Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Techspecs - Believable?
Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and interested in the phantom.
The tech specs for the phantoms are really hard to believe.
Are those 16hz-25khz (-2dB) true? Even for the maximum SPL of 99dB/105dB?

Or do they have some kind of active adaption? The louder you drive them the more
the bass is cut off. Somehow like those small BT speakers do it.

So is there anybody who actually measured them? (freefield, 1m. On-axis, off-axis?)
Well I think there aren't many use cases for this kind of low frequency extension except for movies.
So that wouldn't be a deal breaker. But I expect a manufacture to be honest and precise about the technical data
they provide.

And whats this 750/3000 watts thing actually? RMS? Peak?
(21-May-2015, 15:16)frix Wrote: Hi there,
I'm new to this forum and interested in the phantom.
The tech specs for the phantoms are really hard to believe.
Are those 16hz-25khz (-2dB) true? Even for the maximum SPL of 99dB/105dB?

Or do they have some kind of active adaption? The louder you drive them the more
the bass is cut off. Somehow like those small BT speakers do it.

So is there anybody who actually measured them? (freefield, 1m. On-axis, off-axis?)
Well I think there aren't many use cases for this kind of low frequency extension except for movies.
So that wouldn't be a deal breaker. But I expect a manufacture to be honest and precise about the technical data
they provide.

And whats this 750/3000 watts thing actually? RMS? Peak?
I can't wait for a serious test from HiFi News to other as they do the lab test. The Hifi magazines seem to be a little quiet at the moment considering the good website reviews from CES2015, maybe they're having to wait for press review samples.

I love mine and have owned many HiFi speakers over the years, and can't fault the Phantoms as a single or stereo pair.