Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 on its Way.
Smile 
 Well, I finally pulled the plug and ordered a D 200 (or is that Le 200?). I should have it in about a week. Two things pushed me over the edge (despite qualms concerning some Devialet software development issues):
  1. DSD! Even if it is only DSD 64. I assume that DSD 128 will eventually make it. Since I only have about a dozen DSD 128 (of ~ 1000) albums, this is a minor issue.
  2. The strong USD and the lowed Euro price allowed me to pay the USD equivalent to the new Euro price.
So I am now in the process of rereading many of the early posts and will probably have a few questions. Such as:
  • Why is the IOS/Android so limited? I know it mirrors the HW remote but... Duh!
  • What good is the Ethernet connection, if I don't plan to use AIR2?
I am thankful that this thread exists so that I have a good knowledge as to what to expect (BESIDES GREAT SOUND).

Cheers,

Bob
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Welcome and congrats on your Le200

Indeed the current app is so limited and is one of the week points of Devialet. So many speculations and hopes here on the forum that the expert line will soon get Dialog integration and accordingly Spark functionality which is by far more versatile.

If you don't plan to use Air you still need to keep your Devialet connected to your router (either Ethernet or Wi-Fi ) to get the remote app functioning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(23-May-2015, 20:57)amabrok Wrote: Welcome and congrats on your Le200  

Indeed the current app is so limited and is one of the week points of Devialet.  So many speculations and hopes here on the forum that the expert line will soon get Dialog integration and accordingly Spark functionality which is by far more versatile.

If you don't plan to use Air you still need to keep your Devialet connected to your router (either Ethernet or Wi-Fi )  to get the remote app functioning.

Thanks.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(23-May-2015, 21:08)rwjr44 Wrote:
(23-May-2015, 20:57)amabrok Wrote: Welcome and congrats on your Le200  

Indeed the current app is so limited and is one of the week points of Devialet.  So many speculations and hopes here on the forum that the expert line will soon get Dialog integration and accordingly Spark functionality which is by far more versatile.

If you don't plan to use Air you still need to keep your Devialet connected to your router (either Ethernet or Wi-Fi )  to get the remote app functioning.

Thanks.
I sometimes use Ethernet to just play a few song from my iPhone when I don't have time for a proper listen and just want some music quick. Or when I'm downstairs in the garage (I have an output configured to a second system in my garage for when I'm working down there) It's just one of those things that makes Devialet so much fun to have.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Welcome to Devialet! Being a music lover for more than 30 years, I can only say that I enjoy every minute with my d200. I too am new to it. It's a fantastic machine.

I see in your sig that you have an Aurender X100L. A good USB cable and you're all set. I use the Aurender app and stream Tidal from there as well. The sound is fantastic and the Aurender app is robust and stable.

PS How do you like your Invicta? I had the Mirus for a couple year. Great DAC.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

(23-May-2015, 15:23)rwjr44 Wrote:  Well, I finally pulled the plug and ordered a D 200 (or is that Le 200?). I should have it in about a week. Two things pushed me over the edge (despite qualms concerning some Devialet software development issues):

1. DSD! Even if it is only DSD 64. I assume that DSD 128 will eventually make it. Since I only have about a dozen DSD 128 (of ~ 1000) albums, this is a minor issue.
  2. The strong USD and the lowed Euro price allowed me to pay the USD equivalent to the new Euro price.
So I am now in the process of rereading many of the early posts and will probably have a few questions. Such as:
  • Why is the IOS/Android so limited? I know it mirrors the HW remote but... Duh!
  • What good is the Ethernet connection, if I don't plan to use AIR2?
I am thankful that this thread exists so that I have a good knowledge as to what to expect (BESIDES GREAT SOUND).

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob

Looking forward to hearing your opinion of how the 200 works with your Maggies. I have a pair of Martin Logan's and they sound awesome. 

With regard to the software, they may improve it, or it's possible that they'll get Spark working with the expert line (either with or without a dialog) and that will be the preferred platform moving forward.

Oz
(23-May-2015, 23:39)Yippedidou Wrote: I see in your sig that you have an Aurender X100L. A good USB cable and you're all set. I use the Aurender app and stream Tidal from there as well. The sound is fantastic and the Aurender app is robust and stable.

How would you rate sound quality of music steamed from Tidal via Aurender vs music played back from its internal storage?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(24-May-2015, 10:19)amabrok Wrote:
(23-May-2015, 23:39)Yippedidou Wrote: I see in your sig that you have an Aurender X100L. A good USB cable and you're all set. I use the Aurender app and stream Tidal from there as well. The sound is fantastic and the Aurender app is robust and stable.

How would you rate sound quality of music steamed from Tidal via Aurender vs music played back from its internal storage?

I haven't tried Tidal yet. Smile  Soon.
(24-May-2015, 14:32)rwjr44 Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 10:19)amabrok Wrote:

I haven't tried Tidal yet. Smile  Soon.

I'm disappointed with Tidal streaming on Aurender! Sound quality is by far inferior to the awesome sound quality I get from Aurender when playing locally stored tracks

Let me know about your experience

Dubai, UAE
(24-May-2015, 14:45)amabrok Wrote: I'm disappointed with Tidal streaming on Aurender!  Sound quality is by far inferior to the awesome sound quality I get from Aurender when playing locally stored tracks

This was exactly what I found with Tidal streaming on the totaldac d1. Qobuz on the other hand is considerably better and quite listenable.

Locally stored tracks just sound better to my ears. Especially well recorded HD tracks.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK