Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jriver and Devialet
Star 
Has anyone some tips about configuring Jriver on Windows server 2012 and Devialet ? (I use audiophile optimizer)
Are you using ethernet or USB ?
Do you use kernelstreaming ?

I'm new to the world of streaming and the config options make me more or less desperate Smile
I use JRiver MC19 on a Windows 7 machine, feeding the Devialet via ethernet.

AIR on the Windows machine should take control of JRiver, so all you need to do is select the Devialet as the output device in the JRiver options.

I've found this utterly stable. JRiver offers huge flexibility and power as a database. The parametric EQ in JRiver is very good.

Also a strong recommendation for the JRemote iPad app: it's superb.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I use Jriver on a Windows 8 PC, with hard wired Ethernet / AIR. In the Audio Device settings I use "Devialet AIR (WASAPI)". (I think Matt is saying the same in the last post, but not 100% sure!) The settings in the Devialet AIR GUI itself also need to be set to WASAPI enabled. It works well, and is the best result I have achieved sound quality wise. I have never tried USB, the only reason being is that my room layout dictates that the PC is about 6m away from the Devialet, and so would need about an 8m USB cable. Very long USB cables suffer losses, hence Ethernet being the preferred option for me.
I want to use Jriver with my mac-mini connected to the Devialet by Ethernet. I have some trouble with the bit perfect, the 24 bit/96 KHz is not recognized by the Devialet (It always configured with 44.1Hz).
In the devialet, when I press a long time the source button, it is indicated 44.1 KHz !
There is no such problem with the windows version of Jriver, but the sound is not so good than with the mac.

In Jriver , I use core audio (direct connection), it is writen "no changes are made" but the output is indicated 96 KHz,32 bit instead 96 KHz,24 bit . It is probably due to the "integer mode" not supported by Air.

For Windows, Air proposes the general Wasapi for bit perfect, but for OSX, it is proposed only for Itunes and not for OSX core audio. Maybe it is the origin of the problem

Note: With Mac, Jriver and Itunes are similar for sound quality, but Jremote is more developped than Remote for Itunes, especially for a big album collection (> 600)

If you can help me

Thanks
Devialet 1000Pro > Leedh E2, subwoofer 20.1 > Esprit Volta cables > Mac-mini with Air wifi > Wilson Benesch full Circle
What do you use as a setting ? Under Jriver 'Options' - 'Audio Settings' I can select between :

- Devialet Air Wave (Kernel Streaming)
- Devialet Air (Wasapi)
- Devialet Air (Direct Sound)

I use Kernel Streaming (24 bit, 0,5 seconds delay,) because I suppose this causes the least 'interference'.

Under 'Options' - 'Volume', I disabled Volume so the Devialet is in full control.

Has anybody some tips - opinions - guidance on this ?

Thanks.

Thanks !
I use Devialet Air (WASAPI), which is what Devialet recommend.

The Devialet should in any case take over volume control from your PC/Mac, because Air allows the Devialet to function as a soundcard. So the volume control in JRiver is controlling the Devialet's volume directly.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
London
(14-Jul-2014, 10:28)Jwg1749 Wrote: I use Devialet Air (WASAPI), which is what Devialet recommend.

The Devialet should in any case take over volume control from your PC/Mac, because Air allows the Devialet to function as a soundcard. So the volume control in JRiver is controlling the Devialet's volume directly.

Matt

Thanks for the remark. You are correct !
I used to have a Sonos and learned that Sonos removed data from the stream to control the volume. They did (do ?) this when yo used a Zoneplayer 90 to an A/V Device. It was recommended to control the volume in the receiver or amplifier and not in the Sonos interface.
(14-Jul-2014, 10:28)Jwg1749 Wrote: I use Devialet Air (WASAPI), which is what Devialet recommend.

Matt

Matt - just to be clear - do you mean that the sound control in Jriver stays active? I'm just getting started with it and so far what I have done is to disable the control in Jriver and use the Dev volume instead.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUCĀ + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(15-Jul-2014, 17:49)Neffa Wrote:

Matt

Matt - just to be clear - do you mean that the sound control in Jriver stays active? I'm just getting started with it and so far what I have done is to disable the control in Jriver and use the Dev volume instead.

Yes, the volume control in JRiver remains active, but it's not controlling the volume in JRiver; it's controlling the volume in AIR.

If you leave the JRiver volume control active and use the Devialet remote to control the volume, you'll see that the volume on the JRiver console changes. In other words, AIR is doing all the processing, not JRiver.

I think that's right anyway!

Matt

London
Hi

Which setting is best for volume? There are 3 options in Jriver, System Volume, Application Volume and Internal Volume. Does anyone know if it makes any difference which you use? I also have mine set to disabled at the moment, I tried the others but had a nagging feeling it didn't sound as good, though it was probably just paranoia.

cheers

Chris