Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jriver and Devialet
I never had great sound from my Synology. The best I had and it was very good was when the MinimServer app was running on it. This was before I had the Aurender or Devialet. It may be my network but sound quality from the Synology through my Aurender isn't as good as directly from the Aurender. I have an Ethernet isolator on order and will see it that helps.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Do you have a linear psu for your synology?
I find the network is quite sensitive - linear power supply for the switch. Power cable can change the sound etc. May be easier yo just use Melco or aurender.
(22-Jun-2015, 10:29)baconbrain Wrote:
(17-Jun-2015, 11:09)Bartype Wrote: Now with the new 8.1 firmware, Devialet supports DSD. I am playing from an silent audio PC over USB and it sounds good. I am not sure however what the correct / best settings for JRiver are now to play DSD. Are there tips and the like out there for the best settings of both Jriver and Devialet?

Also, i am playing mostly SACD ISO files, wich is working fine within JRiver, however, i am not able to tag those so they will fit nicely within the rest of the collection. Is there a way tot do that, propably by converting them to DSF files, without loosing information?

SACD via ISO? I wasn't aware that this is possible. Can you give me a couple of additional details as to how you have set this up?

I would also be curious as to the best settings for DSD ...

Gents, did you ever get an answer to those questions? I had to de-and-re-install Jriver MC 21 after the recent MS-Win 10 upgrade on my lenovo laptop (a desaster - many apps had to be re-installed or  stopped working at all).
What I forgot to note down were the setting for DSD in Jriver. It works with if I set the output format to DSD over DoP, but I am not sure if this was correct because then my Dev200 alsways shows DSD64 - even if I play flacs.  Would appreciate a hint here.
Thanks
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo