Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jriver and Devialet
General information on JRiver for Audiophiles.

http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/S..._intro.htm. The link refers to MC14 but a lot of info is updated to MC19. Great if you are new to Jriver and just want your music streaming. Contains a section about the config of Jriver for classical music.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audiophile_Info

Enjoy
(05-Jul-2014, 21:56)Jwg1749 Wrote: I use JRiver MC19 on a Windows 7 machine, feeding the Devialet via ethernet.

AIR on the Windows machine should take control of JRiver, so all you need to do is select the Devialet as the output device in the JRiver options.

I've found this utterly stable. JRiver offers huge flexibility and power as a database. The parametric EQ in JRiver is very good.

Also a strong recommendation for the JRemote iPad app: it's superb.

Matt

Matt, do you use a NAS for music storage or local disk? I've used MC19 on Win7 and now on server 2012R2. MC crashes often. I have posted on Interact and devs have looked at the problem, but no solution so far. I store music on a NAS and map a drive to Windows.

Olav
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Jul-2014, 08:46)ogs Wrote:
(05-Jul-2014, 21:56)Jwg1749 Wrote: I use JRiver MC19 on a Windows 7 machine, feeding the Devialet via ethernet.

AIR on the Windows machine should take control of JRiver, so all you need to do is select the Devialet as the output device in the JRiver options.

I've found this utterly stable. JRiver offers huge flexibility and power as a database. The parametric EQ in JRiver is very good.

Also a strong recommendation for the JRemote iPad app: it's superb.

Matt

Matt, do you use a NAS for music storage or local disk? I've used MC19 on Win7 and now on server 2012R2. MC crashes often. I have posted on Interact and devs have looked at the problem, but no solution so far. I store music on a NAS and map a drive to Windows.

Olav

I used to have the same problem while using USB. When the Devialet went into standby mode, the MC 19 became unstable. Since I changed to Air via Ethernet, the system is very stable. (d200 7.1, Win2012r2, qnap NAS 4.1, http://www.highend-audiopc.com)
[/quote]

I used to have the same problem while using USB. When the Devialet went into standby mode, the MC 19 became unstable. Since I changed to Air via Ethernet, the system is very stable. (d200 7.1, Win2012r2, qnap NAS 4.1, http://www.highend-audiopc.com)
[/quote]

Difference seems to be the NAS. I use a Readynas Ultra2 (Intel x86). I may have to test with a Qnap or Synology. (D250 7.1 - using LMS and squeezelite to USB on linux at the moment for stability)

edit: I've also tried MC19 on Linux. Different crash pattern and not so often, but still unstable. LMS + squeezelite (on the same PC) never crashes.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8

[/quote]

Difference seems to be the NAS. I use a Readynas Ultra2 (Intel x86). I may have to test with a Qnap or Synology. (D250 7.1 - using LMS and squeezelite to USB on linux at the moment for stability)
[/quote]

Small remark : I use autologon on W2012. There is a small problem left : the system boots to fast for the network to kick in. The mapped drive has a red cross over it. After clicking the drive, the drive opens automatically. Starting MC without reconnecting gives trouble.
(23-Jul-2014, 09:22)Georgethesixth Wrote: Small remark : I use autologon on W2012. There is a small problem left : the system boots to fast for the network to kick in. The mapped drive has a red cross over it. After clicking the drive, the drive opens automatically. Starting MC without reconnecting gives trouble.

Yes I do the same and I have seen this. I believe MC handles this nicely in my setting. The first crash is often more than 15 minutes into a session. I also need to say I use JRemote (or Gizmo) to control MC. I never play from the W2012 UI. When MC crashes I must walk 10 meters to my laptop where I can open a RDP session to W2012 to restart MC... I could live with that, but my wife can not!
Devialetless!
I use a combination of an internal SSD and a USB SSD.

I did use a NAS previously and had stability problems.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(23-Jul-2014, 09:58)ogs Wrote:
(23-Jul-2014, 09:22)Georgethesixth Wrote: Small remark : I use autologon on W2012. There is a small problem left : the system boots to fast for the network to kick in. The mapped drive has a red cross over it. After clicking the drive, the drive opens automatically. Starting MC without reconnecting gives trouble.

Yes I do the same and I have seen this. I believe MC handles this nicely in my setting. The first crash is often more than 15 minutes into a session. I also need to say I use JRemote (or Gizmo) to control MC. I never play from the W2012 UI. When MC crashes I must walk 10 meters to my laptop where I can open a RDP session to W2012 to restart MC... I could live with that, but my wife can not!

I have bad experiences with Gizmo. Jremote works flawless. Gizmo hangs after a couple of minutes and takes Jriver down with it. I cannot reproduce the problem so it is difficult to ask support. During the tests, Jremote and Gizmo connects to the same server. Perhaps that is part of the problem. I'll check.
Nice and simple.

Intel NUC / Win 8 / J-River 19 / USB (ASIO Driver) / D200
Files are FLACs accessed over wired gigabit LAN from file server.

Rock solid. No crashes. No drop outs. I can't remember the last time I played a CD. Even Gizmo works pretty reliably.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
(26-Jul-2014, 18:17)SteveO... Wrote: Nice and simple.

Intel NUC / Win 8 / J-River 19 / USB (ASIO Driver) / D200
Files are FLACs accessed over wired gigabit LAN from file server.

Rock solid. No crashes. No drop outs. I can't remember the last time I played a CD. Even Gizmo works pretty reliably.

This is similar to my setup. Intel NUC, Server 2012R2, MC19 - FLAC files on a NAS. Good sound, but the setup crashes all the time (MC). Which file server are you using?
Devialetless!