Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best music moments with Phantoms?
What are your best music moments with your Phantoms, that make you say WOW!!!

I've just been listening to 'Suppers Ready' (Genesis) - streamed from Deezer and Pink Floyd 'The Wall'.

I was listening at exactly 50 and I was/am totally floored by the detail, presentation and clarity.

These speakers are so totally awesome - IMHO they totally stomp all over my 803Ds. Chews them up for breakfast. To be free of clutter and complications and to just get back to the music is so, so liberating.

So I ask all you fellow 'Phantomisers' (can somebody come up with a better term to describe our admiration for Phantoms?)  what are the tracks/albums that make the Phantoms shine for you and at what volume where you listening at?
This tonight[Image: 39a0abdfc8eed1b72b0ca08e3b73fb58.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried out a 'demo list' playlist on Tidal created by someone, which had Beyonce's Partition. There is a full range signal sweep in the song which sounds amazing on the Phantoms.

Small animals / children may be harmed if you play it loud.
I just listened to O-Daiko by the Kodo Heartbeat drummers. The reproduction of the big drum was truly superb.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(25-May-2015, 01:46)davidadamson Wrote: This tonight[Image: 39a0abdfc8eed1b72b0ca08e3b73fb58.jpg]

Just listened to this at exactly your settings. Very nice piece of music, very much my style. I only streamed it from Deezer (at their highest rate) and it was truly awesome. I don't know about you, but I don't want the secret of these speakers getting out to 'joe public', its nice being in the 'know'
Haha I know it feels very special

F1eng, your reminding me of the existence of the Kodo Heartbeat Drummers of Japan (as much loved by Ken Kessler in HiFi News) has just made me order the CD from an Austrian seller via Discogs! (£7)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Okay I listened to Rudimental's "Spoons" as per the suggestion of 'Confused' in the 'Subwoofer Dance' thread.

Well, what can I say...

I only managed to turn it up to 20 and very briefly ventured into the 25 range.

Mind blinking blowing..... Big Grin Big Grin

How on earth do they manage to produce such notes?

As for the Phantoms, it wasn't so much that they danced, but things started to rattle. I live in an upstairs flat and I am aware that my neighbours would not appreciate anything louder. But the truth be known, I didn't want to go any louder. Even at that volume it was more than enough to fear for the structure of my flat. Okay that last bit was a bit of an exaggeration, but my missus who was in the kitchen had to shut the door to the living room and of the kitchen as she couldn't talk properly to her friend on the phone.

Dammed. These Phantoms are good. But it wasn't all about the bass either. Voices and instruments were clearly and precisely visible and mapped out on soundstage..

Right, what's the next piece of music... Big Grin Big Grin
(07-Jun-2015, 05:31)stonedragon Wrote: Right, what's the next piece of music... Big Grin  Big Grin

Something that won't upset Mrs stonedragon again, I would suggest.....
Try Nils Frahm "Peter remix" and watch those woofers dance