Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8.0 and bypass problem
Just noticed this for the first time. When selecting bypass as an input I hear a high pitched digital sound followed by a low end rumble and I can see my woofers on my Sashas really exercising themselves.

Will report this to Devialet. That's me back to 7.1.3!  Rolleyes

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Do you need to run a new config file to run 7.1.3?
(24-May-2015, 20:03)mauidan Wrote: Do you need to run a new config file to run 7.1.3?

No it doesn't appear so. Using the same config files with 7.1.3 now.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(24-May-2015, 19:33)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just noticed this for the first time. When selecting bypass as an input I hear a high pitched digital sound followed by a low end rumble and I can see my woofers on my Sashas really exercising themselves.

Guillaume

Welcome back!

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
With all the bugs reported so fart with version 8 I'm reluctant to even attempt these upgrade. I'm happy with version 7.1.3

Maybe we should start a new thread to consolidate all firmware 8 reported issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I'm new to Devialet... Can you explain what does bypass? To me, 8.0.0 with DPM and Subsonic filter off/SAM at 50% sounds pretty much like 7.1.3 which I really liked.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

(24-May-2015, 19:33)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just noticed this for the first time. When selecting bypass as an input I hear a high pitched digital sound followed by a low end rumble and I can see my woofers on my Sashas really exercising themselves.

Guillaume

Heard back from Devialet, a fix will be included in the next firmware release!

Guillaume

UK
(25-May-2015, 16:55)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume

G, any preliminary date for this release? 

/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(25-May-2015, 17:41)Mikeeo Wrote:
(25-May-2015, 16:55)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume

G, any preliminary date for this release? 

/M

I didn't ask. It sounds like they have quite a lot to fix and test though so my guess is that it could be a few weeks at least. In the meantime 7.1.3 is hardly shoddy. It would be great if the next version of 8.0 sounded as good.

Guillaume

UK
(24-May-2015, 22:01)Yippedidou Wrote: I'm new to Devialet... Can you explain what does bypass? To me, 8.0.0 with DPM and Subsonic filter off/SAM at 50% sounds pretty much like 7.1.3 which I really liked.

The "bypass" is a unity level input (the signal passes through the preamplifier stage without any change of level) allowing you to connect the preamp output front channels from a surround amplifier to a Devialet, which then will drive the front channels in a combined music/multichannel system.

Br Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden