Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ABCs of DSD
Now that Devialet Experts support DSD I thought this maybe helpful. Also many references to websites to download DSD files 

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles...downloads/
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Sorry pretty sure its all smoke and mirrors and a way to sell you the same old noisy tape /vinyl transfer in a bigger package. As long as we keep buying it they will keep re producing it!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
To be honest, I tend to agree with Nick... I've had well recorded 16/44 sound much better than some DSD files. I'm not sure how much value there is to most of DSD files, especially considering the price of them. I'm in Canada where there are very little available and when they are, the cost is often prohibitive. I prefer to concentrate on well recorded music with some particular labels like ACT, ECM for example ( I'm a jazz fan sorry ... Lol )
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal