Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HQPlayer
(29-Mar-2024, 00:07)markush Wrote: Have some other users already used the latest version of HQPlayer?

I am running Desktop 5.5.1. If that is what you are referring to above?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(29-Mar-2024, 07:50)Confused Wrote:
(29-Mar-2024, 00:07)markush Wrote: Have some other users already used the latest version of HQPlayer?

Great! How does your current setup look like?
(30-Mar-2024, 13:02)markush Wrote:
(29-Mar-2024, 07:50)Confused Wrote:

Great! How does your current setup look like?

I use a Windows 11 PC. This runs HQPlayer, Roon, and many other things. I run the Focus Fidelity Filter Designer convolution filters in HQPlayer. 

This allows me to use HQPlayer and the FFFD convolutions in many ways. 

I can simply use Roon to feed HQPlayer, with the advantage of the Roon app on an iPad for control.

I also use the "virtual" VB Audio Cable on the PC to feed HQPlayer. This effectively turns HQPlayer into the PC's soundcard. This allows me to play very many things via HQPlayer NAA streaming, complete with the FFFD convolutions.

Recently I have done this with iTunes (which I still very much love for it's playlist functionality), BBC Sounds, YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, Apple Music, etc.

HQPlayer then runs via an EtherRegen to the Zen Stream in HQPlayer exclusive mode, then to the Mutec MC3+USB / REF10 Combo, then to the Devialet.

I have this setup for a while now, with no real desire to change it.

Great sound, and extensive versatility. It suits me well.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi Confused,
Seems we use a very similar setup. I also had the Zen but replaced it with a Holo Red which was a noticable improvement. It also supports NAA V5 which the Zen will maybe never get.
And where you have the Mutec I use an Audio GD DI20HE/REF10 combo. HQPlayer, FocusFidelity and Roon is also my frontend. Sounds great as well.