Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HQPlayer
Hi jeff,
All set, didn t found DAC bits AUTO; with usb now no drop outs,smooth operation, but upsampling is not dsd 64!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Image: e06b88e7ed54c23a30dc2586af181823.jpg]

Ok i managed dsd 64 now thru usb, but hq player crashed one more time ! Other than that ,smooth no pink noise or dropouts!

I run Roon/HQPlayer/AIR on Windows computer and have no problems with it right now but I changed back to AIR 3.0.2 as I got bluescreens sometimes with 3.0.4
Upsampling to 176/192 and DSD64 without any noise or dropouts right now.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(16-Apr-2017, 17:08)octaviars Wrote: I run Roon/HQPlayer/AIR on Windows computer and have no problems with it right now but I changed back to AIR 3.0.2 as I got bluescreens sometimes with 3.0.4

Hi, octaviars ,
Interesting! I ve switched to usb since more than 30 mn without any dropouts or pink noise, hqplayer quit twice though! I think because it s a trial version, eventhough i didn t exceed 30mn!
Anyway, i m more interested by AIR STREAMING. Can you simply make a screen shot of the settings or write them please.
Dsd64 is outstanding!

(16-Apr-2017, 17:16)samsoum Wrote:
(16-Apr-2017, 17:08)octaviars Wrote: I run Roon/HQPlayer/AIR on Windows computer and have no problems with it right now but I changed back to AIR 3.0.2  as I got bluescreens sometimes with 3.0.4

Hi, octaviars ,
Interesting! I ve switched to usb since more than 30 mn without any dropouts or pink noise, hqplayer quit twice though! I think because it s a trial version, eventhough i didn t exceed 30mn!
Anyway, i m more interested by AIR STREAMING. Can you simply make a screen shot of the settings or write them please.
Dsd64 is outstanding!

You will never get DSD64 with Air on macOS it simply doesn't work at this point of time.  That said I though PCM was better with the Devialet.

Octaviars is using Windows so his settings won't really help you.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Ah ok, back again to Air now; i m definitely getting hqplayer! Stunning performance!

When I first tried HQ Player I got dropouts but after setting 100ms of buffer in HQ Player time the dropouts stoped.

To get Roon/HQ Palyer/AIR to work can be a bit of fiddeling with settings as I wrote AIR 3.0.4 gave me bluescreens on Windows but 3.0.2 works.

Right now I run as follows AIR with 1000ms of buffer and 50ms in HQ Player with PCM Poly-Sinc-Ext NS9 176.4 output.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Hi octaviars,
I m still with trial version of hqplayer, and i couldnt change the buffer time in hq?
Any help? Is it because it s the trial version?
Thks

I discover this HQPLAYER when reading the MUTEC topic.
Is this soft to be used with AIR ? I understand it upsamples everything in DSD mode ? why since the original file is not a RECORDED song in DSD ? how can it be a better result ? (currently I use AUDIRVANA)
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -